3. Viking Helgi
This was my first cruise experience and it was a blast. Hats off to Viking Cruises for the very efficient handling of everything: from the flight bookings, to airport transfers, embarkation and disembarkation to and from the ship, the tours, the accommodations. The staff was just great, from the kitchen, restaurant, housekeeping, entertainment to the tour guides. I have spread the word to family and friends that if they want a great cruise experience, they should try Viking first. There is nothing like a river cruise vs. an ocean cruise. It just makes a difference having a few hundred people to thousands of people traveling with you. I cannot say enough of the guides who were very knowledgeable and just a fountain of information.

Russian River Cruise: Waterways of the Tsars on Viking Helgi

Viking Helgi Cruise Review by Ermarwen

Ermarwen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Helgi price drops

Housekeeping did a great job maintaining our cabin.
  Viking Helgi Deck Plans

• Catherine Palace
    A beautiful palace by most standards. The opulence was unbelievable and glad that this is for the history books rather than the present. A very educational and informative tour.
    View All 197 Catherine Palace Reviews
  • City Tour
    It was my first trip to Russia and as such, I appreciated the great job the tour guides did. They were very knowledgeable. It was such an educational experience for me.
    View All 322 City Tour Reviews
  • Peter & Paul Fortress
    A lot of information provided to us by the guides was much appreciated. Such a great history lesson. It was such an educational experience for me. It was my first trip to Russia so this was an eye opener.
    View All 102 Peter & Paul Fortress Reviews