Balmoral Cruise Review

Balmoral Cruise Review by Cyanide

• Sail Date: Mar 2015
  • Destination: Greece
  • Cabin Type: Outside with Porthole

We boarded the Balmoral on 30 March 2015 in Singapore after spending 2 nights in a lovely hotel in Singapore. After waiting 3 hours for my luggage I went in search of it only to find it was in security because I had approx half a bottle of whisky in my luggage which was subsequently confiscated! I can understand that Fred would like everybody to purchase drinks off the boat but I had already purchased a drinks package at £340 so it was petty to confiscate my drink. As a 68 year old I wasn't going to have a rave up in my cabin with half a bottle of Whisky! A gentleman before me had also bought a special bottle of wine (wife's favourite) for his 50th Anniversary which was also confiscated. A bit spiteful and pedantic!

I could not get my head around the maid coming in the cabin and making the bed in the morning only to find in the evening the bed quilt folded up again and the cover removed, talk about 'double handling'. As a 69 year old we were probably one of the youngest on the ship with very little to do unless you wished to learn Ballet, Bridge, Crafts and painting, there were also wonderful darts competitions!!!! I may have another cruise if and when I reach 80 but certainly not before! Disappointing that no information was available about Southampton trains or coach timings at disembarkation and we were going to be charged £30 to find out (admin charge).

Cyanide's Full Rating Summary

Outside with Porthole
Cabin F 3076

Cabin ok as didn't intend to spend much time in it, only for sleeping in.

Cyanide