3. Explorer of the Seas
Check-in was ok, we had a little bit of a wait but not bad. Our Seapass card which serves as the room key did not work, we had to try 5 times before they got it right. Apparently a lot of people had the same issue. They eventually came around to each room and did something electronically then they worked. We wasted a lot of time going back and forth and the lines kept growing for the same reason. Our cabin attendant Mardi was great! Our first few nights at the main dining room Sapphire was dreadful! Our waiter had no idea what he was doing, got our meals wrong, we had to send things back. Helen the person in charge of the dining room, changed our table for the rest of the cruise. Vener was wonderful! He had all the meals correct, and he even made paper origomi animals for us each evening. The entertainment was wonderful. The Royal Caribbean singers and dancers are bar none. We did not like the juggler, or the one women show with Andrew Lloyd Weber music. Several people walked out on that one. Our remote for the tv did not work, so we had to have that replaced. We did have new chairs and table on the balcony which was nice. One day after our shore excursion we came back to the ship and there was a 1 1/2 hour wait to get back on board. This did not go over well with any of us. I will say our table mates were wonderful, and I loved the ports of call. Vigo Spain actually gave us a very moving send off. They had the ship's name spelled out on the dock with balloons and about 18-20 people playing bag pipes, drums, etc. I actually cried it was so moving. Then there were 6 sail boats in formation beside our ship for a while. That was magnificent to see and hear. We didn't pack a tux or gown this time, and that was all we saw. We know for next time, it was prim and proper! The staff did remember our anniversary and sang to us with a piece of cake and candle. I liked the food in the Windjammer a lot, but it was difficult to find seats to sit down and eat at. So at times we had to share a table with people we didn't know. One of the biggest disappointments was there is no longer lobster tail served one night during the cruise. You have to pay for it, and I don't think that's right.

RCCL needs to concentrate more on their clients.

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisequeen11

cruisequeen11’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

The cabin was the same as the other ships. However, we did have a brand new love seat which was nice, and new chairs and table on the balcony. They were more comfortable and nice table. We actually had our breakfast delivered to our balcony one morning, which is lovely. Mardi did a wonderful job of keeping the cabin clean and organized, and we had towel animals which I always get a kick out of.
  Explorer of the Seas Deck Plans