3. Serenade of the Seas
My family and I went on transatlantic cruise to Europe for 15 days. This was is gave me a total of 75 days of cruising, which makes me believe what a cruise should be like. Not enough activities through out the day. The food was less than desirable. The windjammer closes at 8:30 PM and they open a park café that served pre-made sandwiches. These sandwiches had mayo and other things on them that some people do not like. I asked if I could get a ham an cheese sandwich without the mayo and was told that the chief would not make one. I was to have a $375 cruise credit that failed to show up on my account and I called my cruise agent and they tried to get this placed onto my account be RC declined to place the credit onto my account which my agent mailed me a check for the amount. We visited Paris, France and took a shore excursion there and all stores was closes. RC failed to inform us on this issue prior to us arriving in Paris. In another Part of France we docked at 9:00 AM and departed at 4:00 PM and nothing opened till 2:30. This was poor planning. Was told that we could purchase TULIPS in Amsterdam and bring them back to USA as long as we had the certificate by port speech that they ran over and over on the TV. We get there my wife and I walked miles to the flower market to purchase some tulips and the certificate is only good in September and October. Why did not this guy know this? Since they told us this we spent over two hours of our day tracking these tulips down that we could not purchase. The dining in the formal dining room I would give 4 stars because of the waiter and his staff. They were outstanding, as well as our stateroom attendant. The waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter were the best I have had on a cruise ship, to bad they are on this cruise ship. The food in the main dining room was ok, but the chief did not want to accommodate for my infant child and young daughter even though I paid for them to travel as well. The head waiter made it happen for my children and gave them mac & cheese, fruit and anything else they wanted. Then you have room service that takes on average 45 minutes. Once it took over an hour for a fruit plate and cookies of the day. What were they doing in there? No one knows but not room service. My daughter enjoyed the children's place a lot. The entertainment I cannot comment about because I was unable to attend any shows, because the times for the shows varied from night to night. For disembarkation. From getting off in port to leaving the ship on the last day each day was a cluster. The last day we had to meet in the theater on deck 6 get a sticker for what bus we were on to be transported to the airport, and then they called every one at one time to get off the ship. You have over 2000 people trying to disembark imagine what kind of cluster this created. In summary if I can help it I will not be traveling with RC any more. This was my second cruise with them and I have not been impressed either time. I will stick with Carnival Cruise Cines for now on.

Not a very good cruise line in general

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by lemuel.price

• Sail Date: April 2015
  • Destination: Europe

Not enough activities through out the day.

The food was less than desirable.

My daughter enjoyed the children's place a lot.

lemuel.price’s Full Rating Summary