3. Anthem of the Seas
This was our 11th cruise and 7th on Royal Carribean. We were not disappointed! Ship was beautiful, staff friendly and service great. I loved the different chairs, sofas and other seating and the colors and patterns were beautiful. Embarkation was a breeze, and we were on the ship in 15 minutes. As cabins weren't open yet we headed to Windjammer. Loved the changes, including the panini bar and flavored waters to drink. They've added hand washing stations which is a great idea. Once onboard we paid for Internet and opened the Royal IQ app. It worked well, and the Internet was super fast! Tracking our luggage was great, and having all our reservations and excursions listed was very helpful. You could also check your onboard account as often as you liked. Cabin was terrific. Larger than on other ships and laid out very well. "We Will Rock You" was fantastic! Wish I could say the same for Spectra's Cabaret. We thought it was slow and incoherent. Two70 is an amazing location though. Just the show was lame. Excursions were good. Went to Bruges in Belgium and Honfleur and Deauville in France. Ship staff were everywhere and all were friendly and helpful. We made reservations for dinner for all three nights ahead of the cruise. We ate the first night in American Icon which was very good. Had the Rack of Lamb which was plentiful and delicious. Second night was in Jamie's Italian. We paid the flat fee and they honored it even though they are now a la carte. I thought food was good but nothing special. If I had to pay the a la carte fees I would have been more disappointed. Final night was in Chops for another excellent meal. Filet Mignon which was absolutely delicious. Wait staff in all restaurants were terrific. We went to the Schooner Bar each night and enjoyed the piano player/singer. Glad our Platinum status got us some free wine and discounts as cocktails were $14. Leaving the ship was not as smooth as embarkation, but it wasn't the ship's fault. There was a fire alarm in the terminal which stopped everyone leaving for over an hour. We stayed in the Two70 lounge so it wasn't horrible. Once we got off the ship our luggage was waiting for us and off we went.

Another Excellent RC Cruise!

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by chadmom

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Europe

Cabin was terrific. Larger than on other ships and laid out very well.

Ship staff were everywhere and all were friendly and helpful.

chadmom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Cabin was larger and better laid out than other ships. Our layout had the bed close to the balcony. Only problem was curtains just met but didn't overlap so light was coming in. Being a seasoned cruiser, I used my clips I always bring to keep the curtains closed :) Bathroom was ample and the larger shower was good. Had to keep water pressure down a little or the shower bottom filled as the drain couldn't keep up. But not a big issue. Storage was great and couch/desk were good.
  Anthem of the Seas Deck Plans

• Canal Boat Tour
    Loved it! Boat Captain was informative and entertaining. Sights were beautiful and trip was relaxing. Nothing else to say but have to enter 150 characters which is ridiculous!
    View All 36 Canal Boat Tour Reviews
  • Walking Tour
    Only complaint was eating lunch at 10:30 ship time! Food was delicious, though. Tour was informative but a little repetitive of the included boat ride we did first on the same tour
    View All 46 Walking Tour Reviews
  • Deauville
    Saw Honfleur and Deauville. Honfleur is a charming fishing port. Deauville is a seaside resort that is supposed to be very glamorous. But since it wasn't Summer yet it was pretty empty and very few shops or restaurants were open on the boardwalk.
  • Walking Tour
    View All 8 Walking Tour Reviews
  • Southampton
    Just boarded the ship. Didn't do anything in the port as we just came up from a stay in London. I don't have anything to say about the port but need to enter 150 characters which is ridiculous!
    View All 993 Southampton Cruise Port Reviews