3. Avalon Tapestry II
We love cruising rivers in Europe and went on Tapestry I about 6 years ago on Rhine. Tapestry Ii has much better dining area, lounges, rooms, etc. However, they are still working kinks out on safety in the halls. Walking down the hall on our 4th day, 2 laundry bags were left lying outside in the hall beyond the large cart. We could not see them since the cart blinded them in our direction. With people coming and going at 8 am for breakfast and excursions, the laundry bag tripped me up and I went flying down on the floor. It certainly put a damper on our trip with bruises and pains for several days/weeks. Hopefully, they have rectified this type of error to prevent future passengers from this unpleasant experience. The food was good, free-flowing wine at dinner, and wonderful service by bar, restaurant and front desk. Entertainment on board was best provided by the daily pianist; the hairdresser-Anette is amazing; and entertainment lounges quite ample. I would recommend a better French singer on board for future performances. Normandy was very moving!

Still working out kinks on safety in hallways

Avalon Tapestry II Cruise Review by Mimi Powers

Normandy was very moving!
Mimi Powers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Tapestry II price drops

Great! Couldn't be better except for better cleaning under beds weekly or biweekly. Found lots of dust and husband and I had allergy to it.
  Avalon Tapestry II Deck Plans

• City Tour
    At night. Lovely seeing Eiffel Tower lighted 2 times. Good time with lots of fun couples on the cruise. Recommend it . Cheaper than renting a night tour
    View All 84 City Tour Reviews
  • D-Day Beaches
    Very moving with national anthem and taps and a rose for each person to put on grave. Cold so brought lots of layers and windbreaker. Amazing stories.
    View All 65 D-Day Beaches Reviews
  • Monet at Giverny Gardens
    Highlight of trip. Loved gardens, home and tour guide. Surprised there were so many steps. Fabulous gift shop; bought an umbrella and cheese board for only $25.
    View All 63 Monet at Giverny Gardens Reviews
  • Cathedral of Rouen
    Loved hearing about Jeanne d'Arc! Good guide and good story about the trial of Joan. Recommend this for easy walking. Beautiful architecture in this part of country.
    View All 31 Cathedral of Rouen Reviews