3. Seven Seas Navigator
First, let me say we WERE loyal Regent cruisers and have introduced two other couples to the Regent experience. This time, we were disappointed and embarrassed because Regent's charm and allure has gone downhill. We spent almost $12,000 for this 10-day cruise and frankly, that was too much money for what we got in return. First of all, the Navigator was shabby and threadbare in many areas. The carpet in front of the elevators was stained and old - especially on the pool deck. It was not a good first impression. Of course, vibration in the stern of the Navigator was expected. However, it makes no sense in holding any type of activity in the Stars Lounge because vibration noise is so pronounced. One day, they had a jewelry presentation in the Stars Lounge and the speaker didn't have a microphone. We all had to sit in the front row so we could hear the presentation. We used to enjoy eating on the pool deck and never had a problem ordering food or drinks. This cruise, the service was less than stellar on the pool deck. Food took forever to arrive and one day, I ordered iced tea FIVE times before a glass arrived. From that day forward, I ordered 2-3 iced teas at a time just to be sure I had a refill. We also had a problem with the start time and length of evening meals. When we first cruised with Regent, I seem to remember the Compass Rose (main dining room) opening at 5:30 - it now opens at 6:30. In fact, all restaurants open at 6:30. We don't like to eat that late. It took a minimum of two hours for every evening meal. Two hours sitting and waiting course by course gets tiresome every single evening. There should be a evening buffet. I would like to see La Veranda converted BACK to an evening buffet. Regent's entertainment is mediocre. On all of our Regent cruises, there's been a Broadway show and Cirque de SHIPNAME. Honestly, Regent needs to freshen up entertainment. And 9:30pm is too late for the evening show when we start the day at 8:00am with shore excursions. Why does the show have to start so late at night? Finally, we feel we should be compensated for a missed day in port. Costa Maya was cancelled because the water was too rough to dock. Although Regent can't be held responsible for bad weather, it was supposed to be a day in port and we had a "free" shore excursion booked. We pay top dollar to cruise with Regent because shore excursions are included in the price and I feel Regent owes us an extra shore excursion. No, we did not enjoy the extra day at sea. We booked this cruise because of the number of days in port and opportunities for shore excursions. Speaking of excursions, we paid extra for the "Turtles, Stingrays Land & Sea" Regent Choice excursion. We were severely limited in our freedom to roam the turtle farm because we only had a green wristband. I would expect a higher quality tour from Regent. The description also promised a tour of the rum factory which was closed. Our tour guide explained the rum factory closes when there is only one ship in port. Some other stop should have been substituted in this tour - perhaps a stop at the famous Seven Mile Beach? As a result, we cancelled our next cruise with Regent (Alaska was already booked in 2016). We have re-booked Alaska with another cruise line.

Regent Really Disappoints