3. Celebrity Infinity
This was our (wife of 40 years!) first Celebrity cruise. We have travelled extensively in the last 30 years. Many river cruises, several transatlantics, a few med. cruises plus SCUBA diving all over the world, Aust. Tahiti, China etc. I booked this trip through an agent and paid a lot more than I would have if I had set it up myself. I'm getting lazy I guess. The worst part of the trip was the flights the agency booked. A 6AM from Newark to Miami at double what it should have cost. The flights home started at 9:30 PM. Because the flight started so late (off the ship at 8:30 AM) we booked an excursion at 189 per person, even though we had a transfer included. We then had a 5 hour wait at the airport! for a 8 hour flight to MIAmi. Changed planes AND AIRLINES in Miami, two hour layover, but they lost our bags anyway! I accept that this part was all my fault for trusting and NOT questioning the details from the agency. This agency had over 400 people on the boat! Before I left I checked this message board with the proverbial "can you bring alcohol on board?" Most people said yes, there is a two bottle rule...WRONG.... NO BOOZE is the rule period! But, I put three bottles of wine in my checked luggage and a bottle of booze. They are so busy getting you on the boat, all arrived in good condition. I gave one bottle to my cabin steward. Celebrity is marketed as "upscale". Nope, sorry, same as any other line we have been on. We have been on bigger ships and a few smaller, size does not matter! Dining room food was always good but never GREAT! Same as any up scale restaurant in the states with the exception of a few off the chart Michlin places. On three days there was a special brunch in the dining room (trellis) they were really good with an excellent variety. The deck 10 buffet was typical of most ships. Better than the Costa (2) we were on but not quite better than the Norwegian Jade we did a transatlantic on. Crew, wait staff etc, were all excellent. I've never had a really bad encounter on any ship. Ask and you shall receive. Our staff was perhaps not as experienced as some we have had but all you had to do was hint that something was not right and they tried to fix the problem. The ship had just spent two weeks in dry dock for "sprucing up" actually, I think it was a mechanical problem being fixed. The ship was clean but not spotless. We had no problem but we did hear other passengers complain about towels not being changed, floor dirty etc. WE did not see this but heard about it from unhappy passengers. A few GOOD things: On the last three cruises we were on, we spent $120 on bottled water for the room! On this boat we ordered ice and ice water 3 times a day which Urall brought every day after I asked. No charge! I hate paying for water! The agency we book with had two people on board who were always at their station during appointed hours and did their best to work out any problems. As usual (for us anyway) we found the ships staff anxious to help. The drinks were good, $6-7 for a beer, $ 8-9 for a cocktail. Problems: Several passengers complained that the grout in their bathrooms stuck to their feet and came out of the tiles. We has a little of this in our shower. Several rooms were flooded (deck 7 even side). I never found out why but they were flooded. A few people were upgraded as a result but the ship was fully booked and some had to go back to smelly damp rooms! Very VERY unhappy! NOTE: When the Shaman on the train excursion in Peru does his performance and explains how the white man did an evil thing in making cocaine from the sacred coca leaf, listen! When he passes out a few leaves of coca and tells you it is OK to chew, DON"T LISTEN!! I tried it. It is supposed to be a mild stimulant. It did nothing for me in that regard, however, I think his Llama cleaned his butt with them! I got VERY sick the next day and stayed that way for 4 days!

South Ameirca Wild West side

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by slim24usus

on bottled water for the room! On this boat we ordered ice and ice
water 3 times a day which Urall brought every day after I asked. No
charge! I hate paying for water! The agency we book with had two people
on board who were always at their station during appointed hours and did
their best to work out any problems. As usual (for us anyway) we found
the ships staff anxious to help. The drinks were good, $6-7 for a beer,
$ 8-9 for a cocktail.
Problems: Several passengers complained that the grout in their bathrooms
stuck to their feet and came out of the tiles. We has a little of this
in our shower. Several rooms were flooded (deck 7 even side). I never
found out why but they were flooded. A few people were upgraded as a
result but the ship was fully booked and some had to go back to smelly
damp rooms! Very VERY unhappy!
NOTE: When the Shaman on the train excursion in Peru does his
performance and explains how the white man did an evil thing in making
cocaine from the sacred coca leaf, listen! When he passes out a few
leaves of coca and tells you it is OK to chew, DON"T LISTEN!! I tried
it. It is supposed to be a mild stimulant. It did nothing for me in
that regard, however, I think his Llama cleaned his butt with them! I
got VERY sick the next day and stayed that way for 4 days!
slim24usus’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Good location as far a motion sickness goes.Normal balcony. I saw several Large balconies on our level but not ours
  Celebrity Infinity Deck Plans

• Cartagena (Colombia)
    Interesting city : terrible museum, nothing there, all replicants and in Spanish! i left the bus during a shopping stop, crossed the street to get to a local foodmarket and gave our bus driver a heart attack! I'm 6'2" 280 and used to run a karate school so I should know better than wander around but The driver came running after me and escorted my back to the shopping area, it was not commission he was worried about, he was worried I was going to get robbed.
    View All 752 Cartagena (Colombia) Cruise Port Reviews