3. Norwegian Epic
Left Miami April 19th. This was my second cruise and my second time on the Epic having taken it from Barcelona to Miami Oct 2014. I had booked early in 2014 but changed my reservation in Jan 2015 for a balcony cabin when they were having a promotion. I didn't really care about the balcony cabin but it turned out less exp"nsive due to the onboard credit included in the promotion - and the extra space was nice. For me this cruise was an improvement over the previous TA. The cabins were sold out but the ship seemed less crowded and the people better behavd in terms of not putting a towel on a chaise longue and never showing up to use it or in ignoring the slight dress requirements for the Manhatton. They added personnel to run bridge games (in theory ACBL sanctioned) and there were more than 50 participants every day. There were also lectures for Learning bridge in the morning. All of the shows I saw in the Epic theatre were of good quality as well as the Divas in Headliners. I did not care for the Hypnotist show and was totally disappointed by Second City. The Bar/Lounge entertainers were all good. I avoid the buffet if possible as it is not my sstyle and my past experience was that nothing was ever warm. Somehow the wait at Manhatton and Taste was greatly reduced compared to the prvious T/A. The service was always good. They seem to be asking more frequently if you are willing to share a table and I always say yes as I was solo. For every meal but one I was seated with other guests and met some very interesting people and had quite a bit of fun. All the staff, as usual were top notch. My cabin steward got a standing ovation for his paarticipaation in the crew talent show. So all in all a pleasant journey. I will return to the US on the Star from Dover in October and am looking forward to seeing how it is with half the passenger capacity.

Trans At Return

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by TransAtOnly

• Sail Date: April 2015
  • Destination: Spain
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

So all in all a pleasant journey.

TransAtOnly’s Full Rating Summary