3. Oasis of the Seas
This was our first time sailing with Royal Caribbean and we just loved it. Even though the ship had over 5000 passengers it never felt crowded. The only time it felt busy was near evening dining hour when the elevators filled up but it was certainly very tolerable. Dining in the Grande Restaurant was excellent. The food was 5 star and our servers, Larry and Li Ya, were very attentive and lots of fun. We always looked forward to dining because we felt like we were among friends. The Promenade was suprisingly large and always felt energetic with lots of activites and venues to visit. For a bit of relaxation and a drink Central Park was the place to lolligag. Our favourite spot to lounge was the Schooner piano bar. It had comfortable seating, a great on high view of the Promenade, good entertainment and the absolute best appletini martini anywhere anytime. At risk of giving away a not so well kept secret the SOLARIUM deck was a great refuge for adults only. Nice pool, two whirl pool hot tubs, a bar very nearby with good eats just a hop away. Lots of chairs were available but I would recommend getting there early to find one in the shade. We spent most at sea days at the Solarium and we would highly recommend it. By the way, if you go there when the ship is in port, you'll have your pick of great spots to sit and lounge. We took in several shows. The comedy act was very funny and entertaining and from our point of view short; it did not drag on. My wife also convinced me to go to the mid afternoon ice show. Being from Canada and enduring one of the coldest winters on record ice was the last thing I wanted to see on a Caribbean cruise. Of course my reluctance was ill founded. The show was very professional, high paced with thrills, choreographed near spills, tremendous athleticism festooned with bright and enchanting coloured costumes. You might think it was entertainment only for kids but you would be wrong, definitely for all ages. Finally, a do not miss the aqua theatre performance. Synchronized and high diving act that was spectacular. You might want to get there early to secure a good seat. Some folks were left standing. There were a few items we thought could use improvement. My wife and I are in our late 50's and we love dancing to all types of music. Dazzles, one of the night clubs was a tad small but it was elegantly decorated with good music. I would not recommend the Blaze night club. Many of the patrons appeared to be quite intoxicated. My wife and I were pawed on the dance floor by a young man who was promptly whisked away by his lady friend. This may have been a one off incident but it certainly put and end to our evening. I did the Dragon's breath zip line on Labadee Haiti. I would highly recommend this most thrilling 500 foot descent skimming above the water. I am no spring chicken n'or am I a big risk taker but the zip line was just plain fun. My wife and I scheduled the jet ski tour but it was, unfortunately, cancelled due to rough seas. According to the jet ski staff this happens quite often. I applaud the security first approach but if we had known of the high frequency cancellations at this sporting activity my wife would have done the zip line but it was too late. Our travel friends were on their 11th cruise and this was our second. We all agreed that we are now spoiled by this large ship with its many amenities and very friendly staff

Wonderful Time on a Great Ship

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by mike brennan

mike brennan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Excellent. All was above expectations.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans