• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Carnival Splendor Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Had a great time; the staff was fantastic.

Review for Carnival Splendor to the Eastern Caribbean
dnminla@gmail.com
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2015
Cabin: Balcony

OK. If you're interested in this ship , ya betta like pink!!! The designer of this ship was on acid or Quaaludes when he came up with the decor, because the public rooms are a cross between an intestine and DNA models.But, you won't even notice it after the 2nd day.

That being said, the staff on the whole, is five star. I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel, cruised a ship,flown on a plane, or eaten in a restaurant when the staff has been more attentive, sensitive and helpful to a guest. Ramil, my cabin steward was amazing. He knew after one day when to knock, when to clean , where I liked my computer,and was always around to open the door when I locked myself out. Aleksandra in the casino bar knew my name ,drink and how to put a smile on my face every time I saw her. Jocelyn in the martini bar makes a fierce drink and she's always friendly to everyone. And our dinner staff for table 568 in the golden pearl DR was attentive, very funny and always a step ahead of us. Jovanny, Efron, etc., were terrific. Also, make sure you get Allen the Magician to come to your table. He's great. And Natalie in the piano bar is absolutely fantastic. No one sings "Titanium" like her.

One downside, the Guest Services group , except for the tall dark haired guy, need some lessons in guest serice. They come across as condescending, pompous , and unhelpful .They're a bit too impressed with their nurses uniforms I think.

Balcony

Cabin 8B

It was just right for me. I think the cabins on all ships are always way to small for two, never mind four, if you're not in that "I can't survive without being close to you "phase.

Port Reviews

Ocho Rios

not impressed. Like Tijuana in the summer. Hot, dirty, and lots of people bugging you. My advice, get a car asap to take you around. DON'T WALK ANYWHERE.

Find a Carnival Splendor Cruise