• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2015
Cabin: Concierge Class 1

Having never been on any cruise line except Carnival, I expected this to be a huge step up in quality. Honestly, I can't say that it was. The rooms were definitely superior, and I enjoyed the perks of concierge class, but in general the food was about the same (other than in the dining room, which was a bit better than Carnival's dining room food). My main complaint was with the lack of activities (especially FREE activities) provided by the cruise line.

I was used to having to choose between different interesting activities, but this time entire days went by when nothing really appealed. That's especially bad on a transatlantic cruise when you're at sea for over a week.

I took two of the ship's excursions and found them to be overpriced and disorganized. Excursions obtained privately were a much better value and use of our time.

Concierge Class 1

Cabin C1

My cabin was on deck 9 and had a verandah, which made it a very comfortable place to hang out and read, or just relax in the sun. There was quite a bit more storage space than I was expecting, and the bathroom was quite spacious as well. This room is very close the stern of the ship so there was very little noise from people walking down the halls or headed to the elevators. Also, I believe that above me were more cabins so there was no noise from above. Very nice location, unless you want to be closer to the elevators.

Port Reviews

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Embarkation was fairly quick compared to other cruises i've taken. Didn't really see much of the city other than our hotel.

previous reviewnext review