Having not sailed with P & O for a few years , we booked this cruise many months in advance and having read recent poor and scathing reviews we were wondering what we would find onboard Well we found a fabulous ship, wonderful crew and we had probably the best cruise we have experienced. I really am puzzled by the bad reviews about this ship. To start with, wherever we were onboard, any crew we met were friendly and polite, that includes the dining room, buffet restaurant, decks, anywhere! The food itself, well I am sure the evening meals are bigger than before with P & O, we thoroughly enjoyed every evening meal. The buffet food too was great, a slight problem was we thought the area around the self service food was a little cramped. Entertainment was undoubtedly top class, I've seen many Headliner shows on P & O and this crowd were amazing, the stage sets and costumes too seemed to be better than before. The other entertainers were varied and enjoyable also. There were very interesting talks given, and demonstrations too. In fact we kept saying how much the overall experience had improved. So we were stunned to hear other guests moaning about the entertainment, waiters etc, truly baffled. I really do wonder if some people can ever be pleased especially given the amazing value of this particular cruise. We felt quite indignant on behalf of the ship's crew, especially having seen some of the other passengers ignorant manners when being served in the dining room, I wonder what impression the Brits give sometimes. We have sailed with many other cruise lines and loved most, however a big thumbs up to the crew of Ventura, they deserve it!

Wonderful Cruise!

Merlinslaney’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Ventura price drops

Inside Twin with Shower
Cabin OG C732
Very well laid out cabin and immaculately serviced.
  Ventura Deck Plans