• Newsletter
  • Write a Review
  • Boards
  • Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Celebrity Summit Review

4.0 / 5.0
Editor Rating
2399 reviews
38 Awards

Thinking on cruising Celebrity? Think again!

Review for Celebrity Summit to Bermuda
User Avatar
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Rating by category

Value for Money
Public Rooms
Fitness & Recreation

Additional details

Sail Date: Apr 2015
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B

I just returned from a Celebrity Summit 8 day Cruise that my wife and I booked as an anniversary cruise. Being a long time Celebrity cruiser, I figured this would be just another great vacation on a "Luxury" Cruise ship. What I found was anything but "Luxury".

For starters, Celebrity has decided to take another 30% of the main dinning room away and make a new specialty restaurant for its Suit guest. In order to do this, they jammed all the tables in the main dinning room closer together. Basically to the point where you need to squeeze between tables and have to slide your chair out carefully so as not to hit a passenger at the table next to you.

To add to this, the Main Dinning room (MDR) has only 7 or 8 waiters serving it, where the new Suite Restaurant has 10 waiters and blue has 7. Basically 7 or 8 waiters to serve 80%-85% of the guest, while 17 or 18 waiters serve the other 15%-20% of guest. The special treatment doesn't stop there though...

Cabin Review

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B

The cabin was tight, but had some nice features. Lots of closet space, ok bathroom. However, the Interactive menu on the TV had issues 3 of the 8 days and the channels provided were very few and mainly world news or Spanish TNT or TBS.

Port Reviews

San Juan

We stayed at the Double Tree and had an excellent stay. The hotel was excellent! They took very good care of us and we were able to take in great views of the area from our room.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Summit Cruise from $179

Any Month
Want to cruise smarter?
Get expert advice, insider tips and more.
By proceeding, you agree to Cruise Critic’s Privacy and Cookies Statement and Terms of Use.
About UsCruise DestinationsFirst Time CruisersFind A Cruise

Share your feedback

International Sites

© 1995—2023, The Independent Traveler, Inc.

  • Privacy and Cookies Statement

  • Terms of Use

  • Site Map

  • Cookie Consent