3. Britannia
We went on this cruise purely to take a look at Brittania, I agree with other reviews that the lack of the midship staircase was a real problem.We were on deck 8 midship and we would walk the stairs to deck 7 then have to get a lift for just the one floor.Often we would have to wait ages for the lift to find they were full which was a right pain, we either had to walk to the aft or forward lifts which didn't seem so congested.We spoke to one of the cabin stewards who informed us that there was a midship staircase but it was for crew use only. Yes the studio which doubled up as a cinema was very badly planned, we used it twice and made sure we got front seats so as the screen was not obstructed.The films on show were good. There was a lack f comfortable seating, most of the chairs in the bars did not support the back properly and I heard plenty of people complaining about this.There were a few seats with high back but these were often snapped up quickly. The self service buffet was extremely busy most of the time with people milling around trying to find tables etc.I thought things might improve in this area but it was not so.The new "Grab and Go" concept was good on the open deck.But it was more like "Grab, grab and then go" as far as we were concerned. The showers were ok size wise but the toilet area was so small, if you are not of slim build you might have a problem, or worse still get stuck in there the whole cruise !!!!! The door leading into the toilets channelled off to male and female, bit odd, especially if you had a few drinks! No problems with freedom dining we always got a table when we wanted. We found the food excellent throughout the cruise and the plates were always hot ! The glass house is opposite the coffee bar and twice we wanted to have wine and dine in there but could not get a seat as the seats were being used by people drinking coffee, the waiters said this was a real problem. Entertainment was much improved they had a good theatre group and they could all sing ! The scenery lighting etc was fantastic. "Pulse" the group were extremely good, and so were some of the comedians on board especially Mark Walker. Service was good as usual.Decor good, but the atrium or centrepiece didn't really impress me. Would I cruise on her again? not sure, much prefer other ships in the fleet. I think in a year or so time there will be some very good offers on this ship,as it may become a white elephant, but we will have to see what other cruisers think!

Review

Britannia Cruise Review by Rochelle80

The scenery lighting etc was fantastic.

Would I cruise on her again? not sure, much prefer other ships in the fleet.

Rochelle80’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin fine but toilet area too small