3. Celebrity Constellation
This was my sixth Transatlantic sailing on the Constellation, so I knew what to expect. However, for some reason this sailing ranks at the top. Getting to the ship was a breeze with a non-stop flight to Ft. Lauderdale on Southwest the day before sailing. Check in was super fast with a comfortable waiting area; only a few minutes wait before we could board. And the weather was perfect for departure. My cabin was on deck 2, very quiet and close to midship. After the lifeboat drill, the Cruise Critic members gathered at the Sunset Bar for departure drinks. Prior to sailing one of the CC members had arranged a solo/single travelers meet and greet at the same venue. What a super way for us singles to start the trip. Many thanks to Andrea for her efforts. Later on the ship arranged two single/solo lunches for us. Entertainment as mentioned in the previous review was highlighted by several performances by Jayne Curry. Her rendition of the ABBA song, Dancing Queen, may have been the highlight of my trip. Never seen anything like it! Would sail again just to see her sing it. The weather could not have been more perfect, calm seas, abundant sunshine, and pleasant temperatures. Forgot the sunscreen and suffered for lack of it. The security gal in London Heathrow commented on my tan! Disembarkation was a breeze. A fellow solo traveler whom I connected with through Cruise Critic had arranged a van to FCO. The flight home was booked through ChoiceAir on BA - flights were not at all full so lots of room to stretch out. All in all, a fun trip. Many thanks to Captain Nickolas Chrisodoulakis and his crew for all their efforts.

Smooth Sailing

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by dkviking

• Sail Date: April 2015
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom 10

My cabin was on deck 2, very quiet and close to midship.

dkviking’s Full Rating Summary