3. MSC Divina
My husband and I sailed on a theme-based cruise (Monsters of Rock) so we did not pick the cruise line. Having only cruised once previously (and many years ago), we went with no expectations. We had high hopes for this Italian-based line - especially the food. How completely disappointing it was to find out MSC thinks that hamburgers (with processed cheese), hot dogs, french fries and pizza are an every day staple. I felt like I was reliving my high school cafeteria days! And this was lunch AND dinner every single day, and it took up half the buffet. And everything had pork in it. Guess what? Not everyone can eat pork. Of course there were 2-3 different types of pasta available - but all taste the same, and was mushy (not al dente) and cold. As a matter of fact nothing cooked stayed hot - only the weather stayed hot. Trays were left empty of food - just scraps left - even though MSC boasts having food all day. 1 of 6 specialty restaurants were open - only 1!! Guest Services and bartenders did not understand English so we had a difficult time with service in general. Upon arrival, the safe displayed an Error1 message when inputting a code. Had to walk around with our Passports until the evening because it took 4 phone calls to get someone to the room. Body wash is supplied for showering but every day the used wash clothes would be removed and not replaced. Again, language barriers. Sink ran out of hand soap by Day 3. Called 3 times to have it filled - and then they sent someone to fix the dispenser, not fill it. Most surprising were the public washrooms. There was astroturf taped to all the floors. Yes, ASTROTURF. In the Men's washrooms???!!? Absolutely disgusting. And how hygenic can that be?!?!? Thank God for the Artist line-up and fellow MORCruisers. They made our cruise a trip of a lifetime!

MSC; Worst Cruiseline Ever