3. Celebrity Constellation
My wife and I have taken 22 cruises so we know what level of service to expect. Weather,ports of call – the cruise across was great. Calm seas and for the most part good weather. We really enjoyed the ports – took an amazing cable car ride on Madeira, strolled around Gibraltar and visited the castle over-looking the town in Alicante Food – we ate at late seating and the food was excellent and the service was good – our waiter and assistant waiter were efficient and friendly. We ate at Horizon court for most breakfasts and lunches and there was a good variety of hot and cold dishes to choose from. We did not eat at the specialty restaurants as we found $45US to be pricey especially as the dining room meal was quite good. We ate at the Crepe restaurant once and thought that for $10US it was good value. Room – cabin was adequate and the room steward and his assistant were efficient and friendly. By the time we got back from breakfast they had cleaned the room and made the bed. Entertainment – outstanding. As I mentioned we have taken 22 cruises and the entertainment on this cruise was the BEST of all cruises. During the first 7 days of the crossing there was a matinee show at 3pm and there were also guest lecturers so there was plenty to do. Special mention must go to Jayne Curry who appeared several times and was great. Also the production shows were great. The entertainment staff did Zumba and dance classes and were very visible and energetic. Gym – now the BAD part. We would go the gym regularly in the early evening when it wasn’t busy – they would be playing background music VERY loudly and were very hostile to suggestions to turn the volume down. After an argument the assistant gym manager agreed to turn the volume down and then informed me that as soon as I left she would turn the volume back up. She was not pleasant to deal with and we have never had this problem on other cruises. Another couple of minor complaints – laundry was pricey at $45 for a bag and I bought a small bottle of water and was astounded at the $4.23 charge ($3.50 for a small bottle of water plus 18% service) – talk about over-priced !! (PS I am Canadian so with the exchange rate factored in that bottle of water cost over $5 CAD) To summarize – the best Trans-Atlantic cruise we have taken - we were very happy with Constellation, the entertainment was great and we would cruise on her again.

Outstanding Transatlantic Cruise on Constellation

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by cruzing_canadian

My wife and I have taken 22 cruises so we know what level of service to expect.

cruzing_canadian’s Full Rating Summary