• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Carol Ann B
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2015
Cabin:

I have never written a review before but this forum was so helpful to me that I want to help someone else. My husband and I chose Allure of the Seas because it is the largest cruise ship out there. I was a little hesitant about cruising with so many passengers but there are only certain times you realize there are so many people aboard, like when a show is getting out and you are using the elevator. We arrived at the port around 1:45 pm and our shuttle was able to drive right up, no wait and inside we had no wait either. I understand 1 hour earlier was a different story, much more crowded. Our cabin was deck 10 near the back of the ship, overlooking the Aqua theatre and Boardwalk. We loved the location, we could watch shows, people and see the beautiful ocean as well. Be forewarned that things can go on in the Aqua theatre until 11:00 so you will hear it but we were not often in bed before that and if we were we were exhausted and had no problem going to sleep. Our room was great and our room steward excellent. All the shows were great, make your reservations as soon as you book your cruise though because there are 5,000 people vying for a seat, especially the comedy club as it is a small venue. We ate are Park Cafe (have their roast beef on a bun, delicious!!), Johnny Rockets breakfast (okay), solarium bistro breakfast (was not good). Our best meals were in the dining room, including breakfast. Great, great service and delicious food. Next time I would probably eat all my breakfasts in the dining room (need to be up a bit earlier but worth it). We were not as concerned about the ports as the ship itself is a destination so my only comment would be the water taxi to St, Marteen is a great deal and the beach right there where you get off is beautiful. Rent two chairs, umbrella and a bucket of five beers/soft drinks for $20., fantastic! Overall we loved pur whole experience, don't be afraid of the size of the ship. We would definitely do a cruise on this ship again, the staff were fabulous, good food and great fun!! Also the excursion in Fort Lauderdale while waiting to go to the airport was fabulous as well. They loaded up our luggage, had a tour of the city and then from the water and were dropped off at the airport. Fantastic!

previous reviewnext review