3. Celestyal Olympia
We didn't book this cruise directly, it was part of our larger Greek tour. I'm am not a "cruiser". I've only done one other cruise (Disney, ages ago.) As the professional review notes, this is an old ship. Nothing has really been done to update it. The 80's brass is in evidence everywhere. We had an outside cabin with a window on Deck 4. Small, yes, but no smaller than I expected. The bathroom was small, the shower was miniscule. I swear, I don't know how larger people fit. They provide mass squeeze shampoo and body wash, but I wasn't particularly impressed. If you like washcloths, bring your own. The food is plentiful and what you'd expect on a cruise: decent at a minimum, sometimes quite good. My husband and aunt had dishes they both loved (I was under the weather and not the best judge.) They've gone to open dining at all times, which I think makes for a far more hectic dining experience than necessary. I got the impression the servers pulled a dozen different directions. One thing I will say is that they don't try to gouge you with their drink prices. A glass of champagne was 4.3 euros, which seemed reasonable to me. (Less than I'd pay in a restaurant.) We also discovered the duty free shipboard prices for liquor to be better than anything we saw in the airport (much to our regret!) The staff works works very hard to make things pleasant. I have no complaints regarding our cabin stewards. I requested ice once, and got it every day, which is the kind of thoughtful service worth rewarding. We only did two of their excursions, but both were well-done. This is probably a great cruise if you're looking for an economical way to see the Greek islands and not entertain yourself with a cruise ship. Frankly, there isn't very much to do on the ship. I did have a very lovely aromatherapy massage. IMO, they should ditch the morning stop at Crete and give a full day somewhere else. Half-days only allow you to do so much, and there's nothing within walking distance to the port in Crete.

Good way to see several islands.

Celestyal Olympia Cruise Review by lisab2595