3. Carnival Spirit
I know that the captain nor anyone could do anything about the weather, but we missed one port because the captain did not wish to put his passengers at ANY discomfort. On the way back to Sydney we were stuck in a holding pattern in the middle of the roughest seas I have ever experienced. Parts of the ship were damaged and both crew and passengers were tossed around like clothes in a washing machine. So much for passenger comfort. The food was cold and repetitive the entire trip unless you wanted to pay the money for more upmarket dining, but I was told there was not much difference. The stewards were great, but the rest of the staff were indifferent verging on rude. The shops had little to choose from, and I would like to have seen more choice, like electronics or something, they had plenty of space, and there was not much else to do on-board in between ports. We have been on similar cruises with P&O which were five star plus, and we were told Carnival was supposed to be better, well, we did not think so. If you could give the Spirit a minus number for the review, I would have. They promised us all sorts of things for compensation, but to date have not received or heard a thing. Utterly disappointing, and to top it off, when we made it back to Sydney, they just loaded up with the next passengers and continued on, even though the ship had a lot of damage to it. They seem to care more about money than the passengers.

Never again..Carnival was a realy bad show

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by velcrohead

• Sail Date: April 2015
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Interior

They seem to care more about money than the passengers.
velcrohead’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Interior
Cabin 4E 7321
small, but average size. great steward
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins