3. Norwegian Getaway
This is my 7th cruise, twice on NCL, twice on RC and three times on Carnival. Of the cruises, I thought the food on the Getaway was very good and the wait staff was amazing. I know some have complained of long lines to get into the main dining rooms. Although, the boat had over 4100 guest on board, there was never a wait for the dining rooms. Even the buffet was not overly crowded. I was very pleased. The rooms are the smallest I have been in. However, they are functional and had everything I needed. Just make sure you put your luggage under the bed and you will be fine. The entertainment was good and I liked that they had a stage set up in the dining room. It made me feel like I was in an old fashioned supper club. Also, unlike other ships, I didn't have much trouble finding a deck chair in which to relax. Drink prices were average for cruise lines. The Spice H2O was lots of fun and the glow party was a blast. Great cruise and will probably choose NCL again.

Great Cruise

tsw7207’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin ID 8700
Small yet functional. I like the shower door, instead of the crazy curtain that causes the whole room to get wet.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Nassau
    This is getting better every year. I remember it being really crappy the first time I went there (about 15 years ago). Things have really been built up more now. The public bus is a great way to get around - $1.25 each way). We are pretty adventuresome, so we like the public bus. Cheap way to see the island and get from place to place. We went to cable beach and back for $2.50 per person. No problems and nice way to get a real island experience.
    View All 5,911 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maarten
    If you have some time to spare and want to do things on the cheap, here are some tips. 1) Take the water taxi from the port to town ($7.00 per person, unlimited rides). 2) Once in town, take the public bus to Marigot and other places you want to visit ($2.00 per person, no transfers). We went to Orient Beach for $4.00 per person.

Orient beach is great. The fish will eat right out of your hand... so bring some snacks for them.
    View All 4,753 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review
  • St. Thomas
    St. Thomas is nice. Since this is US territory, most cell phone companies will not charge you extra for roaming. This is a nice opportunity to catch up on emails, return phone calls, touch base with loved ones, etc. We didn't do much in St. Thomas but it was very nice.
    View All 4,674 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews