Magellan Cruise Review

Well done to C&M Voyages, and the brilliant staff of the MS Magellan!

Magellan Cruise Review by martinjosh

• Sail Date: Apr 2015
  • Destination: Europe

I feel people are being far too harsh in their reviews of this great ship.

I have been on a number of cruises, including Cunard's flagship, the Queen Mary 2 - So I feel I am in a good place to review ships, especially having experienced so many in the past, and the Magellan exceeded expectations.

Boarding in Dundee was swift and efficient. Not at all rushed, but at no point did we have to wait. Staff members were friendly and polite. One first impressions the ship was smaller than our previous cruises, but seemed well maintained and in good condition - especially taking into account her age.

Our room was the largest cabin we have every stayed in! Very specious. En suite also very roomy. There was 2 of us in our cabin and at no point did we feel cramped. Ample storage space.

The restaurants on the ship were very nice. Again staff very friendly. I did find the selection of food sometimes difficult, and wish there were simpler meals (but maybe that's just me!) Saying that the food didn't disappoint and was always delish. The only other niggle here was the short service times. Part of the fun of going on a cruise I believe is having a wide selection of food on tap 24/7.

I'm only 19, and the average age of guests was about 120 so I was somewhat out of place, and already knew that there was not going to be 100's of things for my age group. But I enjoy just strolling around the ship and reading a book. Since we were travelling to Norway it wasn't bikini weather (though this didn't stop some...) and the pools were empty for the duration of the cruise, but I could see that they would be lovely in a warmer climate.

Price of drinks onboard were very good value. As a mean Scot myself I don't like forking out hundreds of pounds on a cocktail - and this was the first cruise I've been on where you didn't have to sell your car to enjoy. A wide selection of tasty drinks were available and always provided with a smile. Service could be slow at peak times.

To round up. I thoroughly enjoyed my time onboard C&V's flagship. For the price I really can;t complain! Hope they come back to Dundee soon!

martinjosh's Full Rating Summary