3. Norwegian Epic
Our cruise was on the Norwegian Epic, which departed from Miami on April 12th-April 19th. This was my first cruise and it was a family trip with 6 in our party. Personally, I feel we spent way too much time at the guest services counter, which caused great frustration and wasted many hours on 3 or 4 different days! They entered the 2 occupants of our room incorrectly 2 different times and misapplied my cash funds to my boyfriend's account and misapplied his credit card funds to my account. The most disturbing part of this was our travel agent had advised the person who booked our cruise that each member of our party would receive a $200 onboard credit, which we planned to use for the daily cleaning & service of our stateroom. We were at the guest services desk 3 of the 4 times for this one issue and the end result was we DID NOT get our credits! Several emails were sent to Norwegian's home office, but they refused to apply the credits that we were promised, therefore causing each of us to struggle to come up with an additional $200 we had not anticipated, reducing the amount of money we could spend on souvenirs and entertainment! The cruise itself was amazing as far as activities, food, excursions, etc. (except there was no where near enough time to see hardly anything on the Mayan Ruin excursion in Tulum, Mexico) went, but the issues with the promised onboard credits & repeatedly having to go back to guest services to have them correct issues, time & time again, was very time-consuming & frustrating! At this point I don't think we would even consider taking another cruise with Norwegian and have been looking at booking a cruise next year with another cruise line, based on recommendations from other travelers, who may be more competent and better organized!

Great cruise but too many unnecessary problems!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by tangoangel67

• Sail Date: April 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

tangoangel67’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BB 10167
David (the person in charge of cleaning our cabin daily) was AMAZING and a great asset to the cruise line! He was friendly, personable, eager to help, kept everything clean, neat & organized! If we had any questions, or special requests, he was quick to respond and always did everything with a smile on his face! He always asked how everything was going, if we were enjoying our cruise and always told us if there was anything he could do for us, to just let him know, and he always came through for us! When I had a "swimsuit malfunction", David was able to quickly locate a tiny sewing kit so I could repair my suit and get back outside to enjoy poolside activities! If we ever cruised again, we would personally request David to attend to our cabin, or help us in choosing activities or entertainment onboard!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Mayan Ruins
    The long trip to the Mayan Ruins was very educational and informative, but we were truly hoping to be able to relax some on the long bus ride, but the person talked and educated us the entire time. Before we got to the ruins, the bus stopped at a place for us to shop. Because there were several buses full of travelers, and they only allotted 30 minutes for us to shop, we barely had time to purchase our souvenirs before it was time to get back on the bus. Once we got to where we were to offload and get to the ruins, there was a problem with the shuttle/train, and we had to wait in the excruciatingly hot sun for a very long time. Once we finally got our ride to the entrance to the ruins, the rest of the group had been waiting for quite awhile. When we got to the actual "ruins" we had to listen to more history. In the meantime, I almost passed out due to heat exhaustion! Once the history lesson was over, we had less than an hour to see everything, get back to the bus area, find some food & drinks & get back on the bus! Due to the delay caused by extra time required at the shopping area, and the delay in trying to get the "shuttle/train" to the entrance to the ruins, we didn't have much time to see very much and felt very rushed/hurried. We had hoped the bus ride back would be quiet so we could rest, but again, the tour guide talked, pretty much, the entire time. While this excursion was indeed educational and probably a once-in-a-lifetime experience, if we ever came back to see the Mayan Ruins again, we would definitely want to do it privately so we could enjoy it more. We were very surprised that no meal was provided for us since this was an all day excursion, nor very much time allowed for us to obtain food & drink, which was desperately needed due to the length of the excursion and the heat & humidity at this location!
    View All 370 Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Dolphin Swim
    This excursion was a DREAM COME TRUE! I have always wanted to swim & interact with dolphins and this excursion exceeded all of my expectations! Being able to kiss the dolphin and swim on her belly literally brought tears to my eyes! I definitely want to return and bring our boys to experience this for themselves!
    View All 81 Dolphin Swim Reviews
  • Stingray Swim
    After the dolphin swim, we were transported by boat to a sandbar in the middle of the ocean, with the most crystal clear water and white powder-soft sand I have ever seen, or felt! And swimming with the stingrays was AMAZING! This day was our most favorite part of this entire trip! I definitely want to return and bring our boys to experience this for themselves!
    View All 723 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Miami
    Everything went smoothly, although our luggage was handed over to people whose employment with the cruise line was questionable and every person we spoke to held out their hands for a tip!
    View All 2,383 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Ocho Rios
    We decided to just spend the day seeing the sites and shopping. Several other travelers suggested going to Margaritaville to ensure we were not bombarded by locals attempting to sell us things. The beach was very crowded, but we were able to relax, have some food and drinks and enjoy some of the island flavor. It was not what we expected, but we did enjoy it!
    View All 1,044 Ocho Rios Cruise Port Reviews