3. Norwegian Jewel
I had never imagined that I would have such an awesome experience on a cruise. I think what made it so amazing overall was having my partner to share the experience with. We met so many friendly people, both staff and other people on the cruise. The staff deserves the highest praise as they were always so friendly and so helpful. The food was good in the restaurants. We didn't do any of the dress-up dining choices as I had no desire to be dressed up while on vacation. T-shirts, shorts and sandals were our staple. It was so awesome to have breakfast on the rear deck every morning, except for one day we had breakfast at Tsar's Palace and sat near the big windows overlooking the sea. Truly breathtaking! I wasn't too impressed with Cozumel or Belize City. We did do ziplining in Cozumel. It was a short taxi ride to the compound where they had 6 lines, which we did twice. It was a good starter zipline experience. I would definitely do it again, and would love to do the ziplining in Roatan. We didn't do any excursions in Belize City, other than our own trip by taxi to the casino at the Ramada, not far from the docks where we came in and left from the tenders. The casino was quite sad, so we stayed only half an hour. We did a catamaran and snorkeling excursion in Honduras. We had the best time! We sailed from the port next to the cruise ship around the north end of the island where we snorkeled for an hour. It was my first time to snorkel and I enjoyed it very much. I was quite hesitant at first, but having the life jacket to keep me afloat helped allay my initial fears. We saw lots of beautiful fish and coral in the waters just off the coast. After the snorkeling, we returned to the catamaran and were fed and given rum punch. My partner and I then got some people up to dance, as the crew had music going and encouraged us to dance! I hope to go back to Roatan as it was so beautiful and charming. The return trip home was bittersweet. I was sad to be going home but at the same time the amount of time on the trip was just enough. We saw an amazing show called Luminescence, which was Cirque-like. We spent a good amount of time in the casino and cigar lounge and met a number of people there. When my partner lost his ship card, we went to replace it. The woman who helped us, Natasha, was so awesome and she knew we were too, so much that she had a bottle of wine and chocolate truffles sent to our room that night. I highly recommend the Norwegian Jewel from Houston for anyone! I would love to sail on that ship again, but to different ports.

A Very Memorable Experience - First Timer

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by rnathanwhite

• Sail Date: April 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

I hope to go back to Roatan as it was so beautiful and charming.

rnathanwhite’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9590
Cabin was cozy and perfect for the two of us. Having a balcony made the trip even more special as we could sit out there and enjoy the view of the sea.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Belize City
    Typical tourist shops and restaurants. We took a taxi to the Ramada which has a casino. Don't waste your time going. The highest bet you could do on the slots was 10 cents. It was quite sad.
    View All 2,338 Belize City Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Belize City Cruise Port Review
  • Ziplining
    Taxi ride to the site didn't take too long. The staff at the ziplining site were all very friendly and excited that I could speak Spanish. I was scared to do the first line, but after doing it I had no problem finishing the following lines. The resort we were taken to afterwards seemed nice as well. We had a nice lunch and some pina coladas, which were awesome after the ziplining.
    View All 43 Ziplining Reviews
  • Houston
    Easy to embark and disembark from the Houston port. The lines for security and check in moved rather quickly for the number of people that were there.
    View All 127 Houston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Houston Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    Woke up Wednesday morning, opened the curtain to the balcony, and had the most spectacular view of the port. The water with the coral, the hills with the trees, it was all so beautiful. The catamaran and snorkeling was a lot of fun, I would highly recommend it!
    View All 302 Snorkeling Reviews