3. Norwegian Jewel
This was our first cruise on Norwegian. The room was very small compared to other ships I've been on. This was not a luxury-appointed ship - very basic. The ship store was very, very small with very little in it. The entertainment was average, at best. This particular cruise had a Nickelodean theme and therefore I think it was more family-oriented. Food was average. There was more than the normal number of specialty dining restaurants, which led me to believe they were more interested in getting you into those restaurants to spend money than they were to making good food in the buffet and main dining room, although the main dining room was beautiful and never busy. The servers in the dining room were very attentive. Our steward was a very nice guy, but he seemed to be overloaded, like maybe they had cut back on stewards so he had too much to do. The hallways were always crowded with cleaning supplies. I would rate this ship on par with Carnival - nothing special. I was expecting more due to the rating of the ship. I don't think we'll sail on Norwegian in the future.

Very Average Ship

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by carolrhodes

carolrhodes’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IA
Very small and cramped, but clean.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Snorkeling
    Only 20 minutes of snorkeling with poor equipment. Boat was packed like sardines. Beach break was on a strip of sand where their friends were BBQing chicken (to buy). Not given any equipment to snorkel off beach.
    View All 182 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Dune Buggy
    Dune buggies in very poor condition. Didn't take us on guided snorkel tour at Chakaanab. Mayan village was very hokey and just a stop for tips. Snorkeling at end was pitiful. We snorkeled against sea wall for 20 minutes. Lunch was okay.
    View All 97 Dune Buggy Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Fabulous experience! Very high class outfit. Equipment was top quality. Snorkeled in two places on reef for 45 minutes each time. Only 6-8 people booked at a time. Beautiful water. Allowed to snorkel wherever we wanted. Could also kayak if you wanted. An outstanding experience. Will definitely go there again, possibly for a whole week!!
    View All 315 Snorkeling Reviews