• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

vanwinkp
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2015
Cabin:

After having cruised on Princess' newest ship-the Regal in January I was disappointed in the Emerald Princess. I know it is older but that shouldn't affect the hospitality aspect of our vacation. Most of the employees were cold and indifferent throughout the entire 7 days. They hardly ever smiled and for the most part lacked in customer service. Yes, there were a few who were great but for the most part the rest were below par. Our fine dining waiter seemed distracted every night with a scowl on his face-we felt like we were bothering him being there and instead of looking forward to the dinner we sorta dreaded going. The head waiter never stopped by to ask how things were as on the Regal. Our steward was just adequate-not friendly except when we first met her. This was my husband's first experience to cruise and I was so hoping it would be as awesome as my previous one in January-but alas, not so! Will not cruise on this ship again and will probably try another cruise line altogether in the future. I will say Customer Services is excellent but that is a given as they are highly trained to be professional. Excursions were ok except when we were waiting to leave for one the ship attendant calling out numbers became agitated when things didn't go his way (i.e. elderly people who couldn't hear that well and didn't know what to do, he would call out numbers in an exasperated voice which was very disturbing to us as well as people sitting around us-not a pleasant way to start an expensive excursion). Food in buffet was not very good, sometimes couldn't find anything appealing and walked out. Bland, not hot enough. Chairs in buffet area are worn and shabby looking. Disembarkation was good. In summary, not what I had hoped for.

Port Reviews

Belize City

We got off ship and rode the flying chair (I think that is what is called) over to Mahogany Beach and spent some time there. It was beautiful but very crowded as expected.

Find an Emerald Princess Cruise from $188