3. Carnival Fascination
We were a group of 14 women that met in first grade, traveling to celebrate our 60th birthdays! What fun we had!! I was a little concerned when the group chose to sail on the Carnival Fascination. The main reason was the quick commute from Savannah to JAX. I have been on 30 cruises in 40 years, most recently on Royal Caribbean. We arrived and it was easy unloading and parking. The wait to check in and board was longer than it takes on RCCL. Perhaps that is due to my Emerald status on RCCL. However, I was with girlfriends, so no worries. Once on board, I was astonished to find the older ship in such great shape. Our room and bath were more spacious than most cabins I have had in the past. We met on the pool deck for a nice lunch. I wasn't very hungry at dinner and opted for appetizers and dessert. Everything was very tasty and pleasing to the eye. I only ate breakfast in the dining room one morn and the eggs benedict was good. I thought the coffee on the ship was great, but some of my gals thought it was a bit strong. Most mornings, we ordered fruit and such from room service. Another comparison...the fresh baked breads were much better on RCCL. We tried the pizza a few times and it was very good. Many of the gals enjoyed the ice cream machine. Overall, the nightly meals were superb and much better than the last few RCCL dinners I have had. The service in the dining room and the bars was fine. Our head waiter, Luis aka Pit Bull, was great and the wait staff "performed" each night. We chose the 6:00 seating. But, enough about the food. Our room steward kept us supplied with ice and we never "caught" her in our room. The towel animals were a treat. We enjoyed the Diva's show and the Motor City show. Both were great. The DJ's in the centrum had the place rocking. We enjoyed dancing at the Diamond Club and singing along at the piano bar. A couple of us parasailed and it was great. Overall, the cruise ship was fabulous. The only complaint I have was with the staff at guests services. One, in particular, that was from Croatia was very rude. One more thing, disembarkation was slow. Not sure what happened, but we were left in the Palace until 11:00 and we were dismissed by an officer that came in and said, "We've kept y'all long enough...you may leave." It was almost as if they had forgotten us. Other than that, I will travel on Carnival, again. It is a FUN ship!!

Pleasantly Surprised

sefan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Fascination price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C E114
Our room was spacious and our twin beds were very comfortable.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins