3. Adventure of the Seas
We are frequent cruisers and this was our first trip on Adventure of the Seas. We have always cruised Carnival - not just for the lower fares - but because of the staff & service. Starting out, Old San Juan is just beautiful and it was our 3rd trip to the city. Spend time getting to know old San Juan - tucked away on side streets are wonderful restaurants and shops. We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan for two nights - rooms were fine and staff were friendly. Certainly convenient to the Carnival cruise lines and just a short 15 minute taxi ride to the Pan American terminal where Royal is based. Getting on the ship was fairly hassle free - we arrived by 11:30 AM at the terminal (though they told our 8th floor not to arrive until 2 PM - we still got on the ship this early and avoided the major crowd.) Our first encounter at the Poolside Bar was rude and not very helpful. He maintained this attitude for the entire cruise - not just to us -but to other guests that I witnessed. Shame on him. Eight of us traveled as a family - we booked "inside" rooms - our first time. I probably will not choose to book an inside room again just because it's very disorienting with no light, etc. Others tell me it's helpful to put the TV on the ship's webcam channel and it will light your cabin as daylight approaches. Rooms are very small - but we didn't experience any ship movement which I was grateful for! The cabin was kept clean - we only received 2 towel animals (they might have been the same animal now that I think about it!). I overheard other guests "complaining" about this lack of detail but I really didn't think twice about it. The Windjammer buffet food is fine - no different than Carnival's food. However the main dining room evening food was far superior to Carnival's. (Though it wouldn't entice me back on Royal). The staff in the Mozart room work very hard and are over the top eager to please you to get that extra gratuity. Go to breakfast in the Vidali (sp.?) dining room - it's worth sitting down and having breakfast served to avoid the bumping & bustle of the food buffet lines in the Windjammer. Service was great in the dining room for breakfast. We didn't go to any shows - we had heard they were just mediocre. Ports were fine - we've been to most before except for Aruba and Curacao. Worth visiting. We booked all of our excursions through Royal. My biggest recommendation is to AVOID THE SUNSET COCKTAIL CRUISE IN ARUBA - it's not worth your time or money. They claimed it's barefoot elegant - whatever that means. The Captain was abrupt and not friendly at all. The cocktails were horrible - SUPER sweet stuff mixed with watered down alcohol. They ran out of most of the drinks half way through. The bathrooms were flooded - gross!!! Noone talked during the cruise - telling us what we were looking at - they even took the catamaran back to dock well before sunset. I didn't mind because we couldn't wait to get off of the boat! Disembarking was a nightmare - totally unorganized and chaos. Royal should take a look at how this is run (two US Custom agents to process over 3,000 people!) Seriously!!! Overall - a very negative review on my behalf. We travel extensively and most all of my feedback is positive. I could find very little positive to say about this Cruise line - sorry!

We won't sail Royal again.

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by dauria3071

We didn't go to any shows - we had heard they were just mediocre.

dauria3071’s Full Rating Summary