3. Majesty of the Seas
I returned home yesterday from my 1st cruise. This was an incentive trip that my wife had earned through her direct sales business. As a result, I know my experience will differ from others who have been on this cruise. The Majesty of the Seas is the oldest and smallest ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet and does show its age in some areas but it has been well maintained and is perfect for a quick get away. My wife and I flew into Miami International and were loaded onto shuttle vans, provided by her direct sales company, for our short drive to the Port of Miami. Boarding the ship was quick and easy since we had gone online and taken care of most of the paperwork before leaving home. I recommend arriving as early as you can to avoid the long lines. We chose to take small carry-on bags so that we could go directly to our stateroom without checking luggage with the ship. We were assigned to an oceanview stateroom, 3850, with a porthole window on the Port side of the ship. The room was small but adequate for the two of us. The two beds were pushed together to form a queen size bed, but where the matresses met formed an uncomfortable ridge down the middle of the bed. That was my only issue with the cabin itself. We were centrally located just of the elevators which was convient in getting around and the foot traffic/noise level wasn't noticable to me. The location of the stateroom also meant our stateroom was like the pivot point on the waves, we did not experience as much swaying/rocking in the stateroom. The wife and I didn't do any of the shore excursions so I can't speak to how those were and we really didn't spend too much time in either of the ports. The first port was Coco Cay, the private island leased by Royal Caribbean, on Saturday. We decided to take advantage of the pool area on board that morning and waited until around lunch to head to the island. For this port, you take "tenders" from the ship to the dock. These are like ferry boats and they run back and forth from 8:00 to 4:15 during the day. Unless you are doing an excursion, there isn't much to do other than lay out or swim. The second port was Nassau on Sunday morning. This time the wife and I were one of the first off the ship and we strolled around for about an hour or two and bought some things to bring back to the kids at the straw market. Unfortuately, if you arrive in Nassau on Sunday, there aren't many shops open until around 9 or 10 and they close around 2:30. You can do several excursions or explore on your own and head over to Atlantis. As for the dining on board, I was very satisfied with the food. If you don't like water, coffee or unsweet tea then I would recommend looking into the drink packages. My wife went with the unlimited softdrink package which was $23 for the weekend cruise. Dinner in the main dining room has a differnt theme each night and there was a formal night on Saturday. The dress code is not as strict as the website leads you to believe, and nice pair of slack and a collared shirt will be enough for the men and a nice sundress for the ladies. Typically, you are assigend a table for each night although with my wife's incentive trip the guest from the company were allowed to sit in any of the reserved tables. My wife and I decided to sit at our assigned table each night and it was one of the highlights for us, more on that in a moment. You can find the menu for each night posted outside the dining room and get an idea of what you want before you are even seated. If you can't decide what to order, then just order both! We would each order two starters, and entree, and two desserts each night. I even got two entrees on the last night! As for the staff on board... they were amazing!!! There is a "Parade of Flags" peformed one evening in the Centrum to celebrate the diversity of the ships crew... a flag from each country represented by the crew is presented along with the number of crew members from each country... very festive celebration. Our stateroom attendant Iskanda was always availble if we needed anything. He kept the room clean and well stocked, remembered our names and was always smiling and making sure we were enjoying ourselves. The onboard activites like 80's music trivia and bingo were very fun and the crew running them made sure everyone was having a good time. I mentioned earlier that my wife and I decided to sit at our assigned table for dinner each night. Our server, Merilyn, was AMAZING!!! Again, due to this being an incentive trip some things were different than the normal cruises... for example, everyone on the incentive trip was allowed to sit at any of the reserved tables so on the first two nights my wife and I had a table for 10 all to ourselves. This allowed us to get to "special" attention from Merilyn and special it was! She remembered our drink orders and kept our glasses and plates full. On the last night I ordered Garlic Tiger shrimp and Merilyn came over to show me how to quickly and cleanly remove the shells and actually removed them all... she even brought me and second plate ready to eat without me even asking. Overall I was extremely satisfied with my time on the Majesty! The only things I would change would be the matresses could use some updates/replacemens, and the itenerary should be reversed to put you in port in Nassau on Saturday when the shops are open. Also the shops and Casion onboard could do more business if they were open longer.

First Time on a Cruise

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by TSIncentive

• Sail Date: April 2015
  • Destination: Bahamas

TSIncentive’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Small but adequate. Two twin beds pushed together to form a queen, matresses could be better. Porthole window, desk with chair and mirrors. Closet with shelves, hangers and small safe. Bathroom was tight but did the job. Kept neat, clean and well stocked by the Stateroom Attendant, Iskandar.
  Majesty of the Seas Deck Plans