3. Pacific Jewel
This was the second 3 day comedy cruise I have been on and my 6th cruise all up. This was by far the worst cruising experience I have experienced. While the ship was nice enough and the comedy was fantastic, the service and food was terrible. I put this down to it being a 3 day cruise and the staff don't expect many tips for the 3 days, however, the ship was full of first time cruisers and I feel sorry for them if they think this is normal. We were a group of 43 and had 4 tables booked for two of the 3 nights. The first night 3 tables were onto their desert while our table was just getting our entrée orders, the second night the same thing happened with the same table, thank god we changed tables that night. One of the people on our table that first night ordered Mango Brule. When he got his desert he questioned whether he got the right order, the waiter said "We are out of Mango but it is Rhubarb, same as Mango!" Um, I don't think so. I don't think anyone actually ate their entire meal as the food was not good. You couldn't even send it back because of how long it took to get your original meal. The only place where there were no complaints was at the specialty restaurant, which I did not go to as it was $50 per person. On every other ship I have been on the cost of specialty restaurants is $20. The other frustration for me was that my daughter had just turned 18. She was issued with a blue card (adult) which when inserted into a machine, would bring up her photo and her details. Every time she wanted to attend an 18 plus event she was asked to go back to her room to get her passport for ID. What is the point in having your photo taken and being issued a card if the staff can't be bothered using the ID machine? She should not have had to carry her passport around on her and risk losing it. On every other ship they encourage you to lock your passport in the safe and, on Holland America Line, they even keep your passport as you board and give it to you when needed for excursions. I thought it was entirely inappropriate and told the staff that each time it happened. This was an absolutely ridiculous practice that I totally disagree with. The food and service I could live with, as I think it was a 3 day cruise and think (hope) it would be better on a longer voyage. But the ID situation was inexcusable and the staff should have addressed this immediately on the first night. I would not allow an 18 yo to carry a passport around on her when she is only just legal to drink alcohol. There are much better Lines to cruise with. P&O are not for me.

2015 Easter Comedy Cruise

Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by ccjjking

ccjjking’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Australia Pacific Jewel price drops

Air conditioner didn't work. Beds very uncomfortable. Only had a doona, would have been good to have a sheet so I wouldn't have been so hot while sleeping.