3. Norwegian Gem
The Norwegian Gem is the most fantastic ship I've been on. This is our family's first time cruising with NCL and it was amazing. We visited 4 beautiful islands and beaches - San Juan, PR; St. Maarten, St. Thomas/St. Johns and Tortola. We were in heaven, beautiful blue waters and white sandy beaches. It was unforgettable. The ship has 15 decks and each night was better than the last - always something to do and keep you entertained. We ate and ate and ate, the food in the buffets were delicious and plentiful. The desserts were to die for. My sons often visited the basketball court and made lots of friends. They had a truly great time. The late night parties, and the White Hot party is a must and lots of fun. Captain Lars is an amazing captain, with an excellent sense of humor. From captain to cook everyone was so nice. The stewards made sure your room were always clean and always willing to make you happy and will go all out to make your comfortable. My hats go off to them for amazing service. They are all truly beautiful people. You are going to love it and I truly recommend it. Now that it's over we are hooked and cannot wait for another cruise. We absolutely loved it. Cruise like a Norwegian!

Family Cruise Vacation 2015

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by lesrey

lesrey’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA
Excellent nothing I can add at this time. We were very happy and pleased.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Walking Tour of Old San Juan
    Took the tour through Old and New San Juan. Visited the Fort and the beach. Excellent tour. Will definitely recommend. Lots of walking around so wear comfortable walking shoes. Worth it.
    View All 148 Walking Tour of Old San Juan Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Took a bus tour through the towns and then to the beach for sunbathing and snorkeling - forgot the name. But the water was so blue and absolutely beautiful with white sandy beaches. Absolutely beautiful. Didn't want to leave. My favorite island.
    View All 13 Island Tour Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Took a brief lesson on snorkeling and it was off to our adventure. Again beautiful tropical fish and corals. Worth it again. My sons had a blast. Don't forget your swimsuit and cameras
    View All 7 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Catamaran Tour
    Took a ferry over to the Dutch side, then hopped on a boat to cruise around the lagoon with complimentary rum punch, island music and dancing. Saw lots of beautiful yachts. Did some shopping at the street fairs, beautiful souvenirs and then another scenic tour to the French side. Definitely worth it
    View All 78 Catamaran Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    The lagoon with complimentary rum punch, island music and dancing. Saw lots of beautiful yachts. Did some shopping at the street fairs, beautiful souvenirs and then another scenic tour to the French side. Definitely worth it
    View All 365 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island Beach Break
    Although the beach was beautiful - it was public and the guy charges you $5 for a beach chair - $10 with an umbrella. The change area - which is the ladies room was not at all properly cleaned. There were no showers for you to use - they said it was out of order. Ridiculous. The tour started off going up hill and we were all pretty scared as the roads are narrow and all you can see is curves and edges of the mountain side. Needless to say we were all relieved when we got to land level and saw the beach. The tour guide informed us that this is the only way in and out and it seems this is how they travel every day. But if you're scared of heights - this is not the tour for you. We tolerated it - but then again, we had not other choice (it was paid for). The best part was the restaurants on the beach which served run punch for $3 other alcoholic beverages went for $6 and up. The souvenirs shops were a complete rip-off they wanted $15 for a t-shirt. I passed on that one - not worth it. But all in all we had an enjoyable day and we stayed for 3 hrs which was part of the tour. Beautiful beach, but not as nice as St. John's.
    View All 13,183 Island Beach Break Reviews