3. Oasis of the Seas
A little background. My husband and I are both 49. Our daughters are 13 &18. I love cruising, my husband not as much. We were traveling with my sister, her husband and 14 year old son. They are diamond in a junior suite. We were staying in a Grand Suite for the first time. We are gold. We were on the ship the week before Easter. Hotels are much more expensive during spring break. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Airport/Cruise. Very nice. Excellent staff. Easily arranged for transportation to port for $7/pp. Shuttle picked us up at 10:00. We were at the pier by 10:20. We were through check-in in about 20 min and went to the suite waiting area. Very nice area to wait before boarding. We began boarding at 11:00 am. This all went very smooth. The ship - a definite WOW. We loved the neighborhood areas. They were very clean and we never felt that there were over 6000+ passengers on board. Dining - when we first boarded we went right to the winjammer. We found seats easily, but we were one of the first on board. I thought the food was good, nice selection. I was expecting buffet type food, not fine dining. This was what we received. This was the only time I ate there, but the kids loved it and were there several times. They only encountered lines at peak dining times. Use a little common sense and go a little earlier or a little later. Specialty Restaurants - Izumi - we did the hibachi - Wait staff service could have been better, but the chef was very good and entertaining. The food was excellent. Chops - Again I thought the wait staff service was slow, but the food was excellent. I probably would not spend the extra again, but was glad I did them. Coastal Kitchen (for suite guests) - We dined here the first night because even though our reservations were linked, we ended up at different tables than my sister and they could not accommodate us in the MDR that night. I thought the food and Service were good, and would have dined there each night until we ate in the MDR. Main Dining Room - Phenomenal! We had the best service and excellent food all week. Our waiter, Robinson, his assistant, the bar staff, Eddie, and the head waiter, Anna, were excellent. Probably the best of the cruises I have been on. They were great with the kids and accommodated any request we had. Shows - We saw all of the main shows. We arrived at least 30 minutes early, even though we were in a suite and had reservations. The seats reserved for suite guests were good, in the balcony, but we only used them once. We preferred the lower seats or the balcony seats on the sides. All of the shows I would give 5 stars except Cats. I love musicals, theatre and dance and can appreciate what goes into the production. This show was on par with any BroadwY show. It is just not a good production for a ship. Most people do not know the storyline and were not able to follow it. At least half the people left at intermission. I was prepared to allow my family to leave, if they asked, but they stuck through to the end. They all said they would not see it again. Mo5aic, the headliner was great. Our 18 year old daughter went with us to the Comedy Club. As stated, it is not for under 18, but we all thought it was hilarious. All of the other shows were also very good and top notch entertainment. Concierge Lounge - for Pinnacle and Suite guests. We only used this when we needed to speak with Allan or Israel, They were excellent. Traveling with my sister (diamond) they could not access Concierge Lounge and we could not access diamond Lounge (we're only gold). But this is a beautiful area and would definitely utilize it more in another cruise. Excursions - I always book through the ship. We waited this time until we were on board to make sure the weather was going to cooperate. Labadee - we were able to book Cabana S4 on Barefoot Beach through the concierge prior to boarding. We would definitely do this again though I thought our neighboring cabanas had better attendants. It was very nice to have the upgraded buffet and reserved space. We absolutely loved our beach day. Jamaica - we wanted to do zip lining, but the shore excursions desk said we wouldn't get back until 5 and with 6 pm dinner time we thought that was cutting it too close. We were talked into a "Awesome Dune buggy Adventure". This was not as it was sold to us. The 25 minute ride was 1 hour and 20 minutes. The "dune buggies" were side by side ATV's, not dune buggies. We own ATV's and utility vehicles. Did we have a good time....yes....just not what we were lead to believe by the shore excursion desk. They should be better informed for $130/pp. The tour guides were excellent and made the bus trip feel much shorter. Cozumel - with four horses on our farm, what do the kids want to do......go horseback riding. So we booked "horseback riding and eco beach" tour. This was riding on a ranch, not in the seas. We all had a great time. Beautiful scenery on the ranch. They had horses for beginners to advanced. However (horse people) their advance horses are not what we would consider advanced. Great guides and very informative. On the ship - my daughters and I did the cupcake decorating class. We had a blast decorating our cupcake with a frog on a Lily pad. $22, worth the money. Book it in advance. My husband and I did the "Behind the scenes" tour. 3 hours. We enjoyed this very much and thought it was worth it. Excellent tour guides. While we were going on this, our daughters did the central park tour and enjoyed that also. Connecting - we had two devices internet. $140 less gold discount for $126 for the week. This worked well for us staying connected on the ship. We Facebook message when we wanted to contact each other. The casino - I like to gamble, but my husband does not. I went mostly at night. I have a daily limit to spend and enjoyed my time there. I broke even for the cruise so I consider that good. I had fun and didn't lose. The staff and the casino host were excellent. I did not think it was too smoky, but I am a smoker so that is subjective. Overall - Seven days on this ship is not enough to see it all. Loved the Champagne bar, excellent staff. great martinis. We had the premium drink pkg and thought it was worth it. Even with prepaid gratuities and tips included in drink package we always tipped extra for good service. Was that why we had such good service....maybe, but well worth it to us. We work hard and like the extras when on vacation. I definitely plan on doing Oasis again, especially with family with teenagers. Disembarking - We had a 8:55 flight from FLL which made me nervous. We did the self-disembark. We were in line at 6 am. We were off the ship and through customs by 7:15. We were at the airport by 7:30. I am not sure I would book such an early flight again because if anything went wrong we could have easily missed our flight..

Loved the Oasis

maryjaden’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom
Cabin GS 6260
We loved our Grand Suite. Deck 6. Boardwalk neighborhood. Conveniently close to elevators and easily stair accessible to other neighborhoods. We did not have any outside noise. Excellent room attendant, Eddie. I am going to find it very difficult to go back to a balcony room after experiencing the suites. We spent a fair amount of time in the suite just enjoying it and the large balcony area.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins