3. Carnival Sensation
The best thing about Sensation is the exceptional service. Waiters in the Ecstasy Dining Room were wonderful and the room stewards were amazing! Smaller ship than what we like- no specialty restaurants and we missed them, though food was very good, especially Mongolian Wok and Pizza Pirate. Disappointed that Chef's Table was canceled due to not enough people. We stayed on the Empress deck 7, toward the aft. You could hear engine noises pretty well, but nothing that woke us up. There was some movement felt, but I am very sensitive to that and never got queasy. Great that Empress is same deck as main atrium/lobby. FTTF was worth it for us with 4 kids: we were in the room and unpacking our checked bags by noon. There was never trouble finding a lounger, even on a sea day. There were lots of live music options, and all were good. We saw one show (70's music/dance), and it was good. Kids liked the water slides. Teen boys loved Circle C, though it's possibly about the other kids that just happened to be there. I liked that Circle C was centrally located near the atrium. The boys liked the Circle C leader/staff. We were VERY disappointed with Camp Carnival on this ship for 9-year-old girl. Many activities cost extra money, and the first night everything required a parent to be with her. There were very long lines for check in/check out. I witnessed an activity in Camp Carnival that was basically just playing tag - didn't look fun to me. Our daughter never wanted to go there. The biggest negative for me about the ship was unpleasant odors several places- it just doesn't seem like a nice vacation when you walk onto the ship and it smells stale, like maybe spoiled milk? One day there was horrible fumes like diesel/sewage on lido while trying to relax by the pool. Most bathrooms smelled pretty bad by the last day of a 4-day cruise. Overall, we had a good time because we were on vacation and on a cruise, but don't think we will sail this ship again. We will look for larger and newer ships.

Outstanding service, okay ship

Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Sensation price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C E229
We stayed on the Empress deck 7, toward the aft. You could hear engine noises pretty well, but nothing that woke us up. There was some movement felt, but I am very sensitive to that and never got queasy. Great that Empress is same deck as main atrium/lobby. Room was mostly clean, bed was comfortable, shower was larger than expected, sink was smaller than expected. Lots of storage space. No sofa, only chair. Balcony divider can be opened to E225.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins