3. Carnival Inspiration
My husband and I are in our early 30's and really an adventurous couple. That being said... I felt like I was sailing on a Motel 6. The ship was built in the 1990's and it showed. The pool and hot tubs are TINY, and because of that the pool water is extremely warm because so many people are trying to cram into it. Our room was right by a service entrance and on the main floor and the music/party kept us up until late night hours. The food wasn't even Golden Corral material ( and I consider Golden Corral pretty mediocre) it was more like your high school cafeteria. The meals in the dining room were better but not amazing. I understand that this is because they have to cook everything before hand and just keep it warm - but it was still pretty mediocre. I stuck to the seafood and that was pretty good. I am quite the foodie, so I went excited to try their food and was very disappointed. So don't pick this food for the cruise. The ports we docked at were pretty docile retirement community stuff too. Catalina Island was pretty slow. We booked a discover scuba diving adventure which was the highlight of the entire cruise - it was amazing and highly recommended. Ensenada, we held off because we heard there were locals who would sell you excursions off the boat. There weren't. There were only taxi's who would take you horseback riding or to La Bufadora. We went to La Bufadora in hopes to find some kayaks...our taxi broke down and we coasted into La Bufadora and were only able to stay 10 minutes before the taxi driver brought his friend to us and we had to leave. Because we didn't plan ahead there wasn't anything to do but shop. We wish we had bought another shore excursion. The day at sea.....borrriiinngggg......they should have shows all day, but it seemed that all they wanted to do was make money that last day. Casino stuff, shop sales, bingo..etc. Nothing to really entertain. The highlights were the waiter at our dining table who was really great and the people we met at our dining table, the comedian show at night, and the scuba diving adventure. Other than that we really weren't impressed by the ship or their daily plans at all. We won't be sticking to carnival anymore...we will look for a better ship with better food. You get what you pay for I guess.

Carnival Inspiration; Thumbs Down

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by lnctwm

lnctwm’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

• Scuba Diving
    It was amazing. I HIGHLY recommend Discover Scuba Diving. It's a class that teaches you how to scuba dive and introduces your to the ocean filled with hundreds of fish and beautiful kelp beds.
    View All 2 Scuba Diving Reviews
  • Blowhole Walking Tour
    Taxi broke down, only got to stay for 10 minutes. The blowhole is ok, the flea market prices are higher than in the city itself. Someone tried to sell me a mocajete for $40.00 there, and in the city it was $16.00.
    View All 69 Blowhole Walking Tour Reviews