• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Costa Mediterranea Review

Editor Rating

A truly lovely crossing and so much more on the Costa Mediterranea!

Review for Costa Mediterranea to the Eastern Mediterranean
lambs2
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2015
Cabin:

Just returned home after our incredibly delightful journey across the Atlantic on the Costa Mediterranea with a few day's post-cruise stay in Trieste, Italy.

We began our trip with very low expectations due to most of the recent Mediterranea reviews blasting the "tasteless" food and other problems. Our personal experience was so much the opposite that I almost feel I was on an entirely different ship! I did come armed with my own shaker of garlic powder for the pizza and pastas and Crystal Light drops to make the USA water more palatable for me, I enjoyed the vast majority of the dishes served in the dining room. One night we even were able to have surf and turf by combining a steak option with a grilled shrimp entree! Our waiter made it happen for the four of us at our table.

I was particularly delighted with the sundried tomatoes and olives on the lunch buffet, and I ate those almost exclusively for lunch most days, except one time I had a juicy burger from the pool deck, and a couple salad lunches in the main restaurant. On one of our first port days, when most everyone was ashore, we found shrimp tempura on the buffet! The only time we saw it, but it was YUM!!!!

Cabin B7

Cabin was spacious with plenty of storage in the cabin and the bath. Nice full size couch with two storage drawers beneath it, where with our steward's permission, we stowed the contents of the mini fridge in order to cool our own sodas and waters. Standard balcony with two chairs and a table that we made even more enjoyable by adding a cotton hammock we brought from home. Small flat screen TV with two different English movies on channel 8 daily.

1 Helpful Vote