3. Carnival Liberty
I had very low expectations going into my cruise, as after all, it is only Carnivsl. I had a lot more fun than I thought. The staff tried really hard with what they had to work with. Waiters danced on table tops in the dining room and I always saw an employee cleaning something. The food was really better than I expected. Prime rib, shrimp, crab cakes in main dining room. Food was available 24/7 at no extra cost. I gave it a 3 for several reasons. Mainly, the shows are so out of date, I would equate them to 1980's cruise ship shows. If you don't gamble, do not drink and have kids, you are stuck with the shows for after dinner entertainment. Also, they were only reasonable accommodating when it came to my daughters tree nut allergies. She could not eat any buffet items and they really never made any food especially for her. I tried to warn other potential cruisers about several really bad excursions and Carnival sensored one and refused to publish the other two. The boat made a last minute change of ports, supposedly due to winds. People on St. Kitts emailed me that the Liberty is an older ship and could not dock but the Carnival Valor was able to dock in St. kitts that exact same day. Finally, Carnival will cancel their excursions at the last minute if not enough people signed up. I made arrangements myself for many of the ports and had way more fun than a Carnival excursion. All in all, go with another cruise line or at least a newer Carnival ship.

Go with another cruise line or at least a newer Carnival ship.

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Manross

Manross’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A 6423
Cabin was clean and had lots of storage. Room attendant made really cute towel animals every night. Could easily hear noisy guests in the hallway all hours of the night, guests were loud and yelling swear words. Guest in next room were smoking on their balcony. If you do get a balcony, make sure you get the ocean view or the view of ports, when you book the room.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Barbados
    Way cheaper to take a cab and go yourself than pay for an over priced Carnival excursion. There are even signs posted stating cab fairs. We went to Payne beach and it was pretty choppy. Bring your singles as they charge you $1.00 to use the very primitive bathroom. Vendors were polite but, constantly approached you. Our cab driver was really cool and prearranged a pick up time. We decided to leave early and a guy called him on a walkie talkie and he got us early. The cab driver said he never leaves a man behind. Definitely go by yourself maybe pick another beach. I talked to a lovely Barbados lady, who said a better beach is Miami, or also called Enterprise.
    View All 1,522 Barbados Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barbados Cruise Port Review
  • San Juan
    I could not believe the amount of abandoned buildings and graffiti I saw just between the San Juan airport and the cruise dock. It was pretty scary looking. After reading all th negative reviews of San Juan, we decided to go to the pool on the ship instead.
    View All 3,793 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • St. Kitts (Port Zante)
    Carnival Liberty was unable to dock there although I was emailed by a St. Kitt resident that the Carnival Valor was able to dock at St Kitts the very same day. We ended up going to Dominica instead. It was a really lovely island.
    View All 1,698 St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    Only was to see island. Private air conditioned car and driver took us wherever we wanted to go. We did have to pay fees for attractions. Hyginus was our driver and he was very knowledgable and answered all our questions. He bought us bananas and my husband a local island beer. He let us take our time at all the attractions. This was way better than being stuck in a tour bus where you do not get to set the schedule.
    View All 254 Island Tour Reviews
  • 4x4 Adventure
    Just aweful!!!!! Carnival sensored my review of this I put on their website. Locals kept cutting in the line of jeeps. We saw tons of trash, Rusted buildings and garbage. Took us to orient beach and I thought for $90.00 a person, a beach chair was included and almost my whole hour of beach time was taken up by being talked to by some French guy and the two tour guides. Saw an old naked lady that was very unpretty. Was a goal waste of money. Just rent a cab and drive around yourself!!!!
    View All 27 4x4 Adventure Reviews
  • St. Thomas
    If your cruise ship docks at Havensight Mall, take a cab to Crown Bay Marina and at the End of the dock by the Gourmet Gallery, you can catch a water ferry to Water Island. The ferry is only $10.00 round trip and runs back and forth multiple times/ day. We prereserved a golf cart from Kelly's Karts and drove ourselves all over this tiny island. Honeymoon beach has very few people. The locals stay to themselves and Heidi's restaraunt loans you chairs for free!!! The water is calm and pristine. Snorkeling is not so great but it is just beautiful. I did not want to get back on the cruise boat.
    View All 4,663 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews