3. Celebrity Equinox
This cruise is perfect for adults wanting to cruise the Caribbean with great service and food. The food on the ship was the best we have experienced on any cruise. The service was the best as well. We did have an incident in the Tuscan Grill where my daughter told the waiter Octavian that she was allergic to pine nuts and we think he tried to tell us not to eat the pesto, but she didn't understand him and then had an allergic reaction. Octavian was very attentive to her and never left her. They rushed her for medical attention and she was fine. William the nurse in the infirmary was extremely nice to us. Vlad the Director of Food Services came to see us, he had all of our food sent to the cabin free of charge and then gave us another night at the Grill for free so that my daughter could enjoy her steak. Both Vlad and the Maitre D Maguel were very attentive in seeing that our needs were met and that we were happy. Mileta was our waiter the second night at the grill and he was wonderful as well. We really enjoyed excellent service the entire cruise and never had any complaints. The only thing I could suggest would be that there is really no activities for young adults 18+ on the ship. We had twin sons 16 years old who hung out in the x lounge but our 18 year old daughter had nothing to do and no planned activities. We still had a great time but I would think twice about bringing young adults on this cruise, it was definitely a boat filled with old people. We spent much of the time off the boat on port days so the kids still had a great time.

Best Cruise Ever

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Wareaglex5

Wareaglex5’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Cabin was kept spotless and stocked the entire cruise. Our cabin attendant Kadek was very attentive when we asked for anything and stayed out of our way so we could relax and enjoy our cruise. I spent a large amount of time on my balcony just watching the ocean and relaxing.
  Celebrity Equinox Deck Plans

• Shipwreck Snorkel
    We rented a taxi for a trip to the Boatyard.
    There were a line of taxis right as you got off the boat with
    Taxi drivers fighting over cruise passengers to fill their taxi’s
    Instead of filling one and then going to the next driver they were fighting over us. We ended up not waiting that long, but the people in the back of our bus had been there a while and were furious. We arrived at the Boatyard late, We were informed that all the umbrellas were taken so we would have to just sit out on the beach, we found a little area in the shade under the pier so we wouldn’t be in the sun. Locals wanting us to rent a boat from them approached immediately. They were trying to sell us a boat ride to swim with the turtles for $20 per person and were very aggressive. We told this one guy we wanted to wait and see what everyone elses prices were. Victor then approached and offered to put us on a double decker party boat with a slide off the back and would take us to the turtles to swim and then to a shipwreck that we could snorkel and only charge us $15pp. He was very nice and when we decided to go with him we were approached by the first guy who never gave us his name and he started arguing about us not going with him. He was extremely aggressive and my daughter got into an argument with him when he would not leave when she asked. He began to threaten to have us thrown out of “his country”. Victor quietly retreated and called the local police because this man apparently didn’t have a license to be there and was scaring off all the tourists.

We were ushered onto the boat by Victor and took all of our belongings so we would not have to worry about anything. The boat was great. They had people on board from our boat, I don't know if they booked through the cruise ship or not. They took us out just a little from the beach and fed the turtles and then to a ship that we could snorkel and provided us rum punch or beer to drink and snorkel equipment. It was well worth the $15 per person but if you are really thrifty, you CAN swim out to the point and snorkel with your own equipment. We were not that far out. I wish I could remember the name of the boat.

There were inflatables at the BoatYard which we didn’t rent, a huge peer with a swing that you could swing off of into the ocean. The bathrooms were nice, we didn't eat at the restaurant but heard from those that did that it was good.
    View All 33 Shipwreck Snorkel Reviews
  • Turtle Swim
    This was part of our $15 party boat ride from BoatYard which we rented from "Victor" and it was well worth the money. It was very fun, the boat provided you with snorkel equipment and the kids had a blast swimming with the turtles. *Note they do not like for you to chase the turtles, just swim with them. They didn't bite, just were curious. You CAN swim to the turtles from the beach if you are brave and have your own snorkel equipment. There were some people in the water that had swam from the beach. Go out there early, as the turtles do not stick around once they have gotten their daily meal.
    View All 87 Turtle Swim Reviews
  • Emerald Pool
    The pool is in the rainforest so you hike through the forest and pass the double waterfalls where you can stop and take pictures, then hike further to the pool. The pool is a creek than has several areas where you can sit and enjoy the warm mineral water, it makes your skin very soft and is very warm, but not that warm. If you are adventurous you can hike all the way down to the bottom pool but you have to fit through a hole in a boulder and as I am a bit claustrophobic I just stayed in the third pool down with about six other people. The people that went through the hole in the boulder said it wasn't that bad. They went to the bottom and circled their way back around via a path in the rainforest to where we were. We hiked back the way we came. On the hike in we noticed a crab under a tree among the ferns. I honestly have never seen a crab in the woods before… it was most interesting.
    View All 41 Emerald Pool Reviews
  • Middleham Falls
    Great small hike that is not that difficult if you have the right non slip shoes. It was a beautiful rainforest path with lots of vegetation and a bit rocky in places. The falls are beautiful and they have a covered deck that you can stand on and have your picture made with your camera. It was a great hike and well worth the money.
    View All 6 Middleham Falls Reviews
  • Rainforest Tour
    Great vegetation and unique island. It is well worth the experience. We didn't have a chance to hike much with the time we had but we saw many tourists that were walking along the road. There is a path that many hikers come to the island to hike which takes 14 days to complete.
    View All 41 Rainforest Tour Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Snorkeling Champagne Beach was wonderful! It was one of the most fun experiences of the cruise we were on. My teens had a great time and our guide was very informative! We highly recommend booking with Levi with Bumping Tours. It was well worth the money! We were given much information about the sea life, were able to see sea horses, coral, lots of bright fish and were taught much about this unique volcanic place.
    View All 32 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Ti Tou Gorge
    We did this as part of our whole day excision with Bumping Tours. The stream has slippery steps that lead down to the pool where you enter the water. You are provided a float so swimming isn't that difficulty. There had been some rain when we got there so the water was moving. They would not let us go all the way through the Gorge because they were afraid it wouldn't be safe for us. Our guides were very safety conscious and took good care of us. The water is cold when you get in but if you start swimming right away and don't try to walk but move then your body adjusts to the water and it doesn't feel cold anymore. It was a wonderful experience, very beautiful. We were with a group of kids but I could see that this place would be extremely romantic if you were alone.
    View All 25 Ti Tou Gorge Reviews
  • Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
    The Fort Lauderdale Port Everglades Airport is very confusing. It took a lot longer to get to the ship than what we thought so allow yourselves plenty of time. We had a very smooth experience once we got to the ship.
    View All 1,916 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Review
  • Cockleshell Beach
    Great Beach for Jet Skies and Inflatables, snorkeling was ok.
    Many islanders capitalizing on the cruise ship passengers for money as it is their main source on income there. They were not aggressive and will leave you alone most of the time if asked. The Lion Rock Cafe does NOT have a good bathroom.
    View All 12,442 Cockleshell Beach Reviews
  • Beach
    St. Kitts was beautiful. We rented a taxi that costs about $30 to get us to Cockleshell Beach where we got $5 beach chairs in front of Lion Rock Café. Abraham Lincoln (yep that’s what he said his name was) was running the restaurant and was busy cleaning conch from shells. We bought one for $5. There was a lady that set up her massage table and would give you a massage for $35. We paid “Cheryl” next door $12 per child so they could jump on the inflatable rafts in the ocean. We rented Jet Skies from “Cheryl” and had a wonderful time. My son got me and him thrown off the jet ski but the kill switch key kept the ski from getting away from us. We just had a great laugh. There was a guy cruising the beach with a monkey charging $10 per picture, which of course we had to have.
    That seemed a little steep for a picture with your own camera but I guess the monkeys have to eat too.
    I got our National Geographic Snorkeling Mask and Fins we got on the boat and snorkeled the reef, but was only
    able to see seaweed and sea urchins which were supposed to be poisonous so I left them alone and didn’t touch. There were starfish washing up on shore too. I did see some fish but nothing really colorful.
    My daughter thought she was so grown up at 18 because she could order a beer at the bar for her dad as the drinking age is 16 in St. Kitts. We were able to get a free drink of Pirates Punch but it didn’t seem that strong to me.
    We got some wonderful pictures of the sister island across the bay.
    She then spent the rest of the beach time getting one of the ladies at Lion Rock to cornrow her hair half way back for $20.
    The people on St. Kitts seemed less in love with us and more in love with getting our money, if you know what I mean. They were not overly aggressive though so we were not bothered by this.
    We had a great time. There were tons of Taxi's all the time and we ended up leaving at three which was plenty of time to get back to the ship. We saw many people from our ship at the beach.
  • Shopping
    Great for Jewelry, Linens, and souvenirs. We shopped downtown and brought back some great jewelry and linens for the home. Cariloha has wonderful sheets but note we found a similar deal on ebay with free shipping. Taxi's were around $30 I think.
    View All 12,442 Shopping Reviews