• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

sherriemb
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2015
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

Just sailed on our 8th cruise....2 previous RC smaller ships. The Freedom was a big, beautiful ship. Our room was nice (not the cleanest I've seen), we got the basic soda package and liked having the soda machines (need them in more areas), saw the ice show and it was great. HOWEVER, it seemed like they were constantly wanting you to spend more money to get things. Premium coffee, ice cream, cupcakes, and there was a big push to eat in the specialty restaurants. After paying for the cruise, we expected the main dining room and buffet food to be of high quality and have good choices. That, unfortunately was not the case. Breakfast was usually good in the Windjammer, lunch was lacking, and dinner in the MDR was not up to par at all. One night there was nothing that interested me, so I ordered sliders. I was given two tiny plain hamburgers and 6 steak fries. Not what I expect on a cruise. The last night we paid extra for the filet mignon, and of course it was great!! I feel like if they want you to pay an extra fee to get quality food, the price of the cruise should be cheaper. Also, on sea days there were no deck chairs to be found after 7 am. I realize there can't be enough chairs for everyone, but I spent half a day just looking for an empty chair, and never found one.

I believe that our next cruise experience will be back with Carnival. I enjoyed having a vacation, but wasn't really impressed with RC!!

Interior Stateroom

Cabin K

We were upgraded to a "handicapped" cabin. It was bigger than a normal cabin and I liked the extra room. I noticed that the bathroom had been cleaned in a hurry before we got to our room, and wasn't very clean.

Port Reviews

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Enjoyed Cocoa Cay. The lunch that was provided by the ship was not good. Cold hamburgers and hot dogs. Waited until we got back to ship to eat lunch.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We had an easy time boarding the ship. We are gold members, so we didn't have to wait very long to board. It was easy to check in and then within 10 minutes we were on the ship.

Find a Freedom of the Seas Cruise from $140