3. Island Princess
It never ceases to amaze me what global complainers we've become. And some of the occasional flack I've seen aimed at the Island Princess makes me wonder whether I've been on the same ship. Cards on the table! My wife and myself have never cruised before and, indeed, she had reservations because she can be a poor traveller at times. But by the time we arrived at Fort Lauderdale she was an evangelistic convert. She loved it. We both did. And my own broad anti-social streak had even given way to an uncharacteristic tendency to actually speak to people ... even voluntarily start conversations over dinner ... and, holy moly, acknowledge people I'd come to know on first name terms as though I'd bumped into old friends in the village. Interesting people. First rate food. Excellent service. Quality showtime entertainment. Even 'Cruise Critic' warnings about the shortage of stateroom hanging space turned out, in reality, to give more rail room than we've experienced in most hotels. OK, we can all whinge about something. Not being able to bring alcohol on board from the stops on route ... the daily tipping charge (then having to tip again for bar drinks) which I eventually came round to understanding ... the very occasional shortcomings that you're bound to experience in any service sector of this kind. But come on. Get real. The standard of food was amazing - especially at this volume. We had planned to have two or three 'speciality restaurant' meals during the cruise - but why bother when the standard in our Bordeaux Room was so consistently high. The evening entertainment really was exceptional The staff really was first class. And, bear in mind, much of my work is in a service industry so, believe me, I'm not easily impressed. But neither do I see the point of picking fault just because you have the power and the opportunity! Personally I think it's a mistake to lose the Universe Lounge but, hey, I'll get over it. I had a gripe over one of the ship's excursions - but nothing that a few minutes deep breathing didn't cure. Island Princess - you gave us two one hell of a holiday. (Even the captain, who we never saw.) We were pretty sure we'd enjoy the trip but we never thought we'd enjoy it as much as we did. Thank you ... big style!

Island Princess

Island Princess Cruise Review by Gra-Tric

But come on. Get real.

The evening entertainment really was exceptional

The staff really was first class.

Gra-Tric’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin B2 C335
Couldn't fault it.

Maybe the shower space was a little tight but, equally maybe, I should be slimmer.
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins