3. Regal Princess
We have been on 3 cruises over the past year; on Disney, Royal Caribbean and, for the first time, on Princess. Let me start by saying that we enjoyed all 3 cruise lines and would rebook with any of them. That said, we liked the Princess Regal cruise the best of the three and may end up back with them PROS Beautiful ship. Always found seating in the buffet restaurants (sometimes a problem on RCL) with excellent variety and layout. Loved “movies under the stars” and the variety of venues. The crew was attentive and pleasant. We found the service prompt and professional. The specialty restaurants were virtually identical to those on RCL and Disney. Disembarkation was the best ever. We assembled in a small theater, were promptly called to leave and were off the ship and through customs and less than 20 minutes. No problems booking flights as early as 9:30 or 10:00 AM. I am an active 67 year old, but did not miss the rock climbing wall, wave runner and skating rink found on RCL. I can get all that stuff while not cruising. CONS Yes, no stairs in the center of the ship was not ideal but we never waiting long for elevators. Our junior suite was on deck 14 and we were in the middle of the ship so pretty much took the elevators. I prefer to use stairs and did miss them, but this was a small inconvenience at most. I have to say that I agree that the balcony is too narrow. It is really only suitable for one person if you want to recline but luckily for me, my wife does not use the balcony so it was OK for me. If you are someone who wants the wow of the rock climbing walls want to ice skate while cruising, or have water slides, etc., then opt for RCL. If you want a great ship with better-than-the-competition food, go with the Regal Princess. We are glad we did.

Loved the Regal Princess