3. Avalon Tapestry II
Not my first cruise (39), nor my first river cruise (4th)...I have not cruised with Avalon before, but hope to again. The boat, crew, rooms and food were very good. The tours were wonderful and well organized. Danielle was the tour director and she did an excellent job. We were super lucky with weather as we had sunshine all week which is unusual for Normandy area. I had a cabin (single supplement) mid floor with full size panoramic doors that completely opened. This was very nice. The rooms are bright and cheery, love the bed placement facing the window. The bath had granite counter and marble floors and shower. Nice in size and well appointed. The dining room food and service was very good. The chef was very picky and wanted to make sure people were happy. The wine flowed at dinner - this was included. They also had a choice of non alcoholic wine. At lunch you could eat in the lounge or bar area with a similar menu that was self service. The upper deck was super nice but since we were so busy during the day we did not use it. I suspect on sailing days in very nice weather it is used for bar and food.

Brand New, Very Nice Vessel!

Avalon Tapestry II Cruise Review by cmccrite