3. Carnival Miracle
Wife and I, took our two teenage grandsons on the Carnival Miracle out of Long Beach to Cabo and PV. Wife and I have been on more than a dozen cruises and this was our first carnival. The Good All the crew was wonderful. Very attentive and friendly. We loved the new sports bar with wide screen TV's. We watched the finals of college mens basketball as well as some Masters golf. The other new lounge next to it is also very nice although we did not spend much time there. We enjoyed the 24/7 ice cream machines - a little too much! The gym was great. All the machines looked new. The not-so-good I don't want to call these items bad just so they fit in with this good-bad-ugly theme but these items were not good. The food was just so-so. Wonderful waiter "Beata" in the MDR and we sat in her section every time. However, the food was just not as good as on other cruise lines. I had a fish entre one evening and could only handle a couple bites before I pushed it away. Another night I had pork and it was very dry. The creme brule was fantastic however! The rooms (we had two) were dusty. The windows on the veranda have not been cleaned in month. Dust was heavy on the shelves. We ate a lot in the buffet and again, the food was not as good as we've had on buffets on Princess, Disney, RCCL and HAL. The entertainment was spotty. I will say these young performers had lots of energy and really gave it their all in the production shows but some of the singers were not soloist caliber. A few of the singers were very good. The dancers and choreography were good. The comedians made us laugh at times and other times we groaned. The entertainment is about what we expected from a cruise ship. Not great but not all that bad as a whole. The ship is also old and getting tired. The two week drydock just added a couple of bars. I didn't see any evidence of repairs to the chipped paint and rust. The decor of the ship is, well, shall we say, Interesting. I said it looked like Las Vegas and Halloween blended. My wife thought it was Las Vegas and Alice in "Wonderland had a baby. The Ugly There was one young lady singer that had her guitar and sang around the ship throughout the week. Everytime we passed her, we laughed at her off-key screaming. She turned every ballad into a scream. Sorry to be so blunt but she should not be singing solo. Check-in was just horrible. Worse than you've read about in other reviews. We arrived at 2:25. Waited in line for almost an hour. Arrived at our cabin at 3:55 - just in time for the lifeboat drill. We knew there were dozens, if not hundreds still in line so we assume they missed the drill. During the drill, the leader announced over the loudspeaker that attendance was being taken and all missing persons would be reported. Nobody leading our group even checked! I don't know how they expected to know who was missing since they never logged us in. Also after boarding the ship, there was a huge crowd around the only two - out of six - elevators that were working. The other four were in crew use to get bags up to rooms.

Some Good; Some Not So Good

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by pinguy

• Sail Date: April 2015
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony

The Good

The gym was great. All the machines looked new.

The not-so-good