3. Regal Princess
This will be short and to the point. I love Princess. I am a Princess Cheerleader. We received our Platinum pins on this cruise. I reached deep into my pockets and took my daughter, my son in law and grandchild on this cruise, hoping to make them Princess lovers, Keep the new loyalists coming home to Princess. The Good. Getting on the ship and getting off of the ship was flawless. Princess should give lessons to other cruise lines on how to do it quickly and effortlessly. A+ The Staff. The Cabin Steward. The Wait staff in Buffet, MDR, Alfredos, IC....as nice as ever which is pretty nice. A+ The Ship. Lovely. The Plaza.is stunning. We saw no wear and tear. Our cabin ( see my cabin review) exceeded expectations. A+ Production Shows.......I saw The Unforgettable Boys. A+ Fiera A+ Motown A+. Better than any production shows I have seen on any Princess Ship. Trivia......not so good. small crowds. Activities staff seemed to be geared to Live telecast shows out of Princess Live on Deck 7. Seemed stale to me. Scripted. How many people watch Princess Live in their cabins? how many people turn out for a trivia game with a real live host interacting with guests? Jeopardize Trivia was one on Live. No running down with your "money".....C Activities Staff. For the most part. very nice. Did not swim. Did not see MUTTS. Did not see comedy show if they had them.? Did shop at Calypso Cay with small grandchild. Staff went above and beyond to cater to a cranky four year old. Let her look at every rubber lizard they had. Bless them. I went back four times. I took her to Celebrations to buy gifts for folks at home. They had a candy 50th anniversary tin filled with candy that I purchased. My grand daughter accidently knocked some packages from one shelf. Again. Nice beyond expectations. my grandchild was upset at what she had done and started crying. it all ended well with me purchasing a sucker made of butterflies. candy ones. Nice. I appreciated it very much and went back. A+ International Court........still the best. A+ Afredo's. Better than I expected. Nice menu. Not just Pizza. The minestrone soup was great. Ditto the desserts. Very Nice. Food was good. A+ Horizon Court...........huge. I don't think I ever saw all that was offered. I went to the Mexican hard taco area a lot and they were delicious. Salad bar was good..but it seemed to be scattered. Lots of good ingredients but you had to roam the room. Not gripping. Walked off some calories. The Pastry shop..............rows and rows and rows of tasty sweets behind glass cases. Cookies. Ice Cream out the door. Prego Pizza by pool.......still good. A+ Gelato............we went three times. I liked it. My grandchild loved it. My husband ..not so much. I would recommend it. It is a small service charge. But you can tell it is home churned in a manner of speaking. A+ Now the bad. To me. The food in the Main Dining Room was almost uneatable. the old Princess menu had been replaced by a Caribbean Menu. the idea was to include regional specialties. But most of the entrees were Pork. Red Beans. Black beans. Rice. Highly spiced. One night one of the entrées was spiced goat curry. That night the ordinary entrée was Fried Chicken. No cold fruit soups Garden salads.......one night. I finally asked the waiter to cut up a tomato for a Cesar salad and ate that. That menu is being debated right now on Cruise Critic Message boards, and there are pro and con. Reading it might give a more objective view. Someone remarked that if you told the waiter the night before that you wanted a salad and a soup that was not full of pepper sauce to tell them. In any time dining? And I am not used to having to tell people what I want. I am not picky. I see a menu. Something on there I can usually eat and be happy with totally. I was a school teacher for decades. I can chow down on school cafeteria food. I ordered chicken tenders one night from the Children's menu and that was the best dinner I had. they did have a fish entrée every night. I had the trout almandine once and that was good. But......if you are looking for old favorites...gone. If you don't care for highly spiced food. You are out of luck. If you are not a big fan of pork or goat meat..out of luck. Ditto red beans and black beans. And I grew up in the south. There are a 101 different varieties of peas and beans and My Mother grew and cooked most of them. Food was dry. Not well cooked. I was shocked. This is PRINCESS? And if we had not been in a group, I would not have minded as much. But Dinner was when we met up at the end of the day and swapped adventures and such. After the Spiced goat curry..............we ate elsewhere. I suspect that menu will be tweaked. Until then..I am not sailing Princess. it was that much of a game changer for me. F WAIT STAFF in MDR.......A + Main Dining Room Breakfast.......same old menu. Same old wonderful food. Same old wonderful wait staff, Once my husband asked for grits. they said only on the buffet. No issue. He likes potatoes too. A few minutes later...a hot bowl of grits appears. how nice is that You can have a great time on this ship. Just know what you are facing with the menu. And if you like pork, red beans, black beans, rice...highly spiced food..................You will have a good time. Everything swings pro and con. Happy sails to all of you.

Princess missed the mark on new Innovations

Regal Princess Cruise Review by AmberTeka

Activities Staff. For the most part. very nice.

Did not swim. Did not see MUTTS. Did not see comedy show if they had them.?

International Court........still the best. A+

Now the bad. To me. The food in the Main Dining Room was almost uneatable.

No cold fruit soups

Food was dry. Not well cooked.

I was shocked. This is PRINCESS?

WAIT STAFF in MDR.......A +

Happy sails to all of you.
AmberTeka’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Regal Princess price drops

Cabin E409
Cabin E409 was sold as an obstructed cabin. I was worried when booking it as information on a new ship was scarce. So I am writing a review for those who have booked it.
You lucked out big time. The cabin has a small loveseat, a great 40 inch TV, the shower now has a barrier to water flooding the floor....storage space is fine. You have lost two drawers on the desk..but the storage space by the RR is way big. Ditto two drawers in bedside tables.
It was very clean. No signs of wear and tear. Very quiet. Cabin steward was excellent. The bed was good. We slept like logs. Two elevators were close. The Aft and the Main . We did not miss the Mid ship stairs. Seldom saw anyone on our deck.
The Balcony. Wow. Long. Wide. Two nice chairs. Nice Table. Walking around space for FIVE people. Me. Husband. Daughter. Son in Law. Grandchild. at Sail away.
View.............fantastic. If it is obstructed...give me obstructed every time.
Privacy.. when standing at the rail.....people above can see you. when sitting and looking out...Nope. No one looking at you.
MARK my words. These "jut" cabins..will be sold at a much higher price once Princess realizes how great they are.......................
  Regal Princess Deck Plans

• Island Tour
    the bus was clean. Air conditioned. The tour of the Island was not too long. Not too short. We went to Maigot. I went to the Mall of the West Indies. I purchased some cologne and soap. Walked around a little. Bought a soda and sat at a table with DH and looked at the bay. Very nice excursion.
    View All 375 Island Tour Reviews