We are a family of 3, traveling with our 11 year old daughter. To start we parked a mile or so away at the park and shuttle lot for 4.99/day. Embarkation was a snap with no delay! Debark was the same, off the ship and through customs in less than 20 minutes. We were on I95 headed home by 8am which is a record for us. Stayed in cabin 1106.First time on HAL, 15+ cruises before. We liked the cleanliness, lack of crowds, excellent food and relaxing state of ship. HAL has an accurate reputation of catering to the retired crowd which is fine by us forty something's. There décor and ambiance is dull but that can be relaxing in a way- This is a small ship- the way they used to build them- with a high crew/guest ratio. We never were impressed with the entertainment except for Greg the piano bar entertainer and the BB King Band. The stage productions were the worst we had ever seen at sea...I mean REALLY bad. Shore excursion desk was the same- try to scare you into paying more to buy their tours. Do your research if you are budgeting :) Dining room always had a table for anytime dining and Lobster night knocked it out of the park (per my husband) Cabin was small and had NO lighting for the wardrobe which was aggravating but we had a flashlight- HAL Kids program was, um, lame. played a Hasboro board game so my daughter played at the pool which was great because we don't like to ditch her on vacation anyway :) The cabanas are AMAZING, and I hope they continue to retrofit their ships with them. $30/in port days $50/sea days- best splurge you could make!! I liked the cruise director, he was younger, energetic but sincere. The free DVD library rental was awesome!! All in all we loved it and re-booked for the Oosterdam 12/18 sailing with another family. One thing if you re-book while in the middle of your cruise---TOTAL RIP OFF!! We booked onboard, and even with all the incentives HAL was 1500 more for the EXACT same sailing as the other discount wholesaler we went with once back home. Just FYI Good Luck and happy sailing

The way cruising used to be....

Eurodam Cruise Review by Jaimesmom!

• Sail Date: March 2015
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

I liked the cruise director, he was younger, energetic but sincere.

Good Luck and happy sailing
Jaimesmom!’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin F 1106
Nice bed- lots of storage underneath. Small for 3. Small TV but they do have DVD player!
We thought we would HATE the location being on the 1st deck but we liked it once we realized how close to the main dining was and how we never waited for an elevator. On most ships this would be a bad location but not on Eurodam. You are central to tendering, front desk and elevator lobbies.
Upper Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins