3. Voyager of the Seas
We have traveled extensively on Princess, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Disney. We are a retired couple and traveled on this cruise with our adult son. We are from New York. Embarkation was easy, no hassles Service was excellent through out the ship. Food: The food in the dining room was acceptable, not great but acceptable. The menus were boring. On other cruises we always had lobster tails one day. No lobster here. The buffets were pitiful. The same dried out food, same desserts day after day. Always had to walk around with your food to find a table. By the time you found a table the food was cold. Always too crowded. Hockey puck hamburgers and pork chops. Nothing fresh. Breakfast buffets...my husband always had to ask for lox. I usually don't go to the special restaurants but we tried Izumi for lunch a few times. Must say it was excellent. Bar service: Most bars had a limited selection. Had to go to 5 bars to find a mojito. Most drinks we had were crummy and on top of that were expensive. My husband had the wine and beer package. They ran out of white Zin towards the end of the cruise. Same thing happened on last cruise. Entertainment: Some shows were canceled. Other entertainers were poor, many people walked out of the shows. Daytime activities were lacking. We had nothing to do most of the cruise. There were a few movies but they were outside in the cold and rain. The other movies in the theater were kids shows in 3D. On the TV were a few episodes of the Big Bang Theory and 2 Broke girls which we could watch over and over again in many languages. There were a few other TV shows. No recent movies. Since the other entertainment was so lacking the least they could do was give us free movies. Other cruise lines do. Best thing on the whole cruise were the watercolor classes with Michael and Anne Brown. They were very organized and had a wealth of knowledge to share. My husband and I looked forward to every sea day so we could go to class. These classes made the cruise for us. I am going to contact RC to ask which cruises Michael and Ann will be on next. Excursions: I only booked one excursion with the cruise line. It was in Adelaide to the Cleland Wildlife Park. We rode around Adelaide. This was a waste of time because there was nothing to see. We only had 2 hours at the park which wasn't enough time. The park was big and we had to choose what things we wanted to see the most because we didn't have time to see everything. There was no reason to go back so early since it was hours till the ship left port. Of course it was expensive. Shops: They sold Guess bags, Coach bags, various costume jewelry, one million watches of all types and brands. All at inflated prices. Every night they brought out tables on deck 5 and obstructed the walking area. Every night it was the same over priced stuff especially the watches. Many people got sick on this cruise including me and my husband. There was a horrible upper/lower respiratory infection going around the ship. We had to go to the doctor a few times. It seems that everyone was coughing and many people were confined to their cabin. My husband is still sick (we got off cruise April 1). I hope the travel insurance pays for the bills. The Oasis was a much better cruise. We are going back to Princess.

Going to Princess

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by CHELSEADOG

Embarkation was easy, no hassles

Service was excellent through out the ship.

Breakfast buffets...my husband always had to ask for lox.

Daytime activities were lacking. We had nothing to do most of the cruise.

The Oasis was a much better cruise. We are going back to Princess.
CHELSEADOG’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

Cabin was satisfactory Didn't like the balcony wall. It was metal on the bottom half instead of glass so you had to stand to see the ocean.
  Voyager of the Seas Deck Plans

• Cleland Wildlife Park
    We spent time touring Adelaide which was a waste. There was nothing to see. We had only 2 hours to tour the wild life park which wasn't enough time. We had to choose what we wanted to see the most and miss the rest. Don't see why we had to hurry back to the ship since it wasn't leaving for about 5 hours. Since it was through the cruise line it was expensive. As long as we paid the admission fee we should have stayed as long as we could. It was a nice park.
    View All 6 Cleland Wildlife Park Reviews
  • Taieri Gorge Railway
    Nice train ride. We were able to see the country side. The seats were tight. The tour booked with the cruise line had wine and a nice lunch. We had a snack bar. Our train went further so we got back later. I wasn't able to go to the Cadbury chocolate factory
    View All 53 Taieri Gorge Railway Reviews
  • Victorian Tram with lunch
    This tour was excellent. The lunch was excellent. I can't believe the quality of the lunch made aboard the tram. We started with bubbly and the wine and drinks flowed.
    View All 12,456 Victorian Tram with lunch Reviews
  • Ships cove cruise
    Cruised up to where Captain Cook landed on his expeditions. We saw different birds even a kiwi. wwwwnn loonhl. juoo kkoobl. ukbi oih. How many more characters do I need.
    View All 12,456 Ships cove cruise Reviews
  • Cable car
    This was a nice experience. We had coffee at the top with a wonderful view. Enjoyed the cable car museum. Can't think of anything else to say to make 150 characters.
    View All 29 Cable car Reviews