Carnival Miracle Cruise Review

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by JATCAT

• Sail Date: Mar 2015
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

This was our second cruise with Carnival, first time without the family! Overall I must say I was impressed with the ship. Just out of dry dock with new Funship 2.0 upgrades, we had plenty of exciting things to do daily. The ship's interior decoration was a bit ellaborate with eccentric decorations and folklore from several fictional stories such as Moby Dick, Robin Hood, and more. The room was very clean and Anajara, our steward was excellent and had everything available upon request.

The ship activities were awesome, from the Punchliner with daily shows to the main theater that presented magic shows, special activities, and more. My wife attended the art auctions daily, tea parties where you could meet others on the ship, and cool competions. One thing I miss from my last cruise was the bridge tour which wasn't given this go round.

Guest Services were a bit slow at times, but only on the first day. The guest service on the first day was jammed packed and our only issue was the safe in our room had low batteries, but that was fixed almost immediately. Other than that, I suggest you do your homework and up front to forgo this line.

When we arrived at Cabo, the tendoring process was a extremely slow. We arrived late into port so the captain extended the stay about an hour. The major issue was the tendor process too way too long. Some passengers didn't get off the boat for 5 hours awaiting the process. I suggest going to the jewelry presentation to get a higher tendor number, we were #4, I saw families with numbers like 20-25. Another issue I had was if you didn't actually book your excursions though Carnival, (which we didn't) you are treated like a second class citizen. The prices through other sites are more than half price.

We didn't have much of a travel issue to the embarkation port because we live there, however the garage fee is upwards of $18.00 a day just to park. If you live close, I'd have a friend drop you off. Embarkation was late by 30 mins or so. The safety briefing was taking place without everyone on board. I was i line next to a plains clothed Carnival employee responsible for validations and he was shaking his head in disbelief.

Since we didn't have the kids with us this time, we didn't use the Kid's Club, but I will tell you that the 12-17 age group was bored. They ran around the ship until 1130-midnight up and down the hallways. At times it was hard to get sleep.

We stayed in cabin 8205, an unobstructed view. Overall a nice room, some rattling at times, and the garlic smell from the Lido deck pizza place was strong, but only at times. If your allergic to garlic don't stay in this room.

Entertainment on board was plentiful, but we didn't make it to everything. One obstacle was all the good things were during the same time as other exciting things. Make sure you attend the theater shows, those are some great shows.

Disembarkation was fairly simple. We chose to roll our own bags off the ship. If you have a lot of bags, this may not work for your family.

Summary of the ship: nice ship with a lot of potential. I understand the ship just arrived back from dry dock, but several things still weren't up and running. Both the sports bar and red frog pub had a few drinks and were extremely cold to kill the smoke from the casino.

JATCAT's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8F 8205

Room was clean and roomy. No major issues, except some rattling at times.

Scuba Diving

We went through an independent booking for this excursion. I will tell you, at the prices Carnival charges, we saved over $500 doing it this way. The scuba was exciting and the dive master was extremely knowledgeable about the process and dive location. Had a great time!

View All 7 Scuba Diving Reviews
Extreme Canopy

This was awesome. I can't give this anything but praise. We also booked this through an independent booking and the prices on board for what we got were well under the ship price by $150. This included an awesome bus ride through town, zip lining, horseback, tubing, and a tequila tour. Make sure to get the CD at the end. They will negotiate the price starting at $50 but I'm sure they will go down, as we purchased it for $40.

View All 14 Extreme Canopy Reviews