3. Emerald Princess
booked one suite and two balcony staterooms. Family cruise for 6. rooms were nice, clean and well maintained. disappointed in the buffet, unimaginative food without a lot of selection. The only redeeming feature was the Omelet cooked for breakfast. Formal nights were a joke. they will simply NOT enforce the dress code. I saw shorts and flip-flops on SUPPOSED formal nights. the food in the main dining rooms was top quality and we did enjoy our dinners. The CROWN GRILL was a fantastic steak house. service beyond perfect and the steaks were the best thing of the trip. sorely lacking in usual amenities. NO miniature golf course. NO full size shuffle board. they did have an idea of a shuffle board. it was crammed in an upper deck corner, about 12 feet long. they did have a croquet course which we used a couple of times. My two teenage grandsons did not think there was much for them except the pools. I have been on 2 other cruises and this one was far and away the roughest. in calm seas no less. I thing perhaps this older ship doesn't have more modern stabilizers. the trip was quite rough with rocking enough to almost throw you out of bed. Our rooms were on the very back of the ship so when they used the reverse thrusters to dock the entire room shook and rattled. We only booked this trip so we could go to Belize for the cave tubing. I have reviewed the Belize and Roatan potions of this trip on Trip advisor.

Older ship with limited amenities

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by oldfred

the food in the main dining rooms was top quality and we did enjoy our dinners.

they did have a croquet course which we used a couple of times.

oldfred’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA c738
adequate, small, clean and well organized. plenty of room for me and my grown daughter to spend a week without much conflict.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cave-Tubing
    booked zip-line and cave tour together with exclusive guide for just our family.
    beautiful cave tubing tour. rain forest did rain HARD. our guide was superb David stayed with our family the whole day exclusively. Probably the best tour guide here.
    View All 337 Cave-Tubing Reviews
  • Ziplining
    View All 60 Ziplining Reviews
  • Cozumel
    I did not go ashore here, my daughter-in-law and daughter did spend the day shopping. I stayed on the ship and enjoyed having a peaceful afternoon without all the people crowding the pool area.
    View All 6,794 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Houston
    port seems new, well organized. easy to get on the ship and easy to get off and go home. $100.00 cab ride to Hobby airport. some backup at homeland security but not much time to get through.
    View All 127 Houston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Houston Cruise Port Review
  • Little French Key
    little French key is the most amazing place to spend a day. My entire family did not want to leave.
    Perfect beaches, amenities provided, lunch provided, huge zoo for rescue animals of all types. A Jaguar that swims with guests.
    View All 63 Little French Key Reviews