3. Silver Wind
We had great expectations for this alleged 6* cruise ship but we were disappointed in very respect other than with the 'waiter & room service staff'. The ship is very 'tired' with the furniture in our cabin (542) showing serious signs of wear - the sofa was a disgrace. Some bed sheets were discoloured/stained and the towels were 'hard'. It was impossible to view the TV comfortably due to its elevated position. For 4 days we had extraneous high pitched intermittent noises at all times of the day & night which the technicians were unable to fix. When the swimming pool was being filled or emptied it was not possible to stay in the cabin due to the noise and vibration. The food was tepid or cold when served and the range and presentation was poor - certainly well below Regent,Azamara and Princess standards. I met the Hotel Director to discuss my views but he was in denial and indicated to me that as 59 other comment cards all indicated that all was well my comments were not valid. An insult! Maybe you can please most people with mediocre service and poor food - if people continue to use this ship and are happy then so am I because this means more space for me on better ships. His excuse for 'cold' food was that the temperature in Hong Kong when we left was unusually cool so it was not possible to serve hot food - what nonsense. After my comment they did so on the final night.

Triumph for marketing over mediocrity

Silver Wind Cruise Review by TPW

• Sail Date: March 2015
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Midship Veranda Suite

TPW’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Wind price drops

Midship Veranda Suite
Cabin DV 542
See my comments above relating to our poor cabin which has obviously had no attention since earlier reviews indicate the same condition applies elsewhere on the ship
Deck 7 Suite Cabins