3. Wind Surf
My wife and I experienced our first cruise with Wind Star (Wind Surf was the ship). We have done all the big ships...RCL, NCL, Princess, Celebrity, Oceania etc. We wanted a different experience and we really got it. The whole experience from embarkation, sailing, ports and disembarkation was by far one of the best experiences we have ever had. The ship while older was in very good shape. I loved each evenings "sail away" experience. Watching the sails unfurled was part of each days highlights. The stateroom was very roomy and laid out very efficiently. The decks areas where roomy and I never felt claustrophobic. The public rooms were very comfortable and inviting and the dining areas were very nicely done. They had two "specialty" dining areas (Stella's and Candles). My favorite was Candles because you were able to eat dinner on deck. Food was excellent. Much better than RCL, NCL and Celebrity and almost on par with Oceania. Breakfast and Lunch was always buffet style but I never felt crowded. we were always able to find a table on deck and the selection was varied each day. they also had an ala carte menu for both meals if you wanted. Can't say enough about all the staff. The captain and the hotel manager were our greeting party on the dock and all the staff took time to learn our names and recognized us through out the cruise. They really made you feel special during your time on the ship. The beach party and the ship BBQ were highlights and was the sports deck. We will definitely sail again on this line Not recommended for small children but there were several teenagers on the cruise and they told us it was the best they have been on. I would not recommend for handicapped or folks who need wheelchairs or scooters to get around.

First Small "ship" cruise

Wind Surf Cruise Review by mikejeffries

• Sail Date: March 2015
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

The beach party and the ship BBQ were highlights and was the sports deck.

We will definitely sail again on this line

mikejeffries’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Wind Surf price drops

Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin B 229
Very clean and very well laid out. There are no verandas on this ship but I did not miss it at all.
Deck 1 Outside Cabins